Arizona vs. Utah key plays

Marison Bilagody

The Arizona offense huddles during a timeout at Arizona Stadium on Nov. 13. The Arizona offense scored 17 points in the first half.

The Arizona football team lost to the University of Utah 38-29 this past Saturday, here are some some important plays that impacted the game. 

On 4th down with five yards to go, Will Plummer kept the ball and ran it right up the middle for a touchdown. Going for it on 4th down looked like an attempt to draw the Utah defense offsides, but Plummer received the snap and ran the ball 43-yards up the middle to tie the game 7-7. The Utah Utes defense called an all-out blitz which opened up the middle and Plummer took advantage using his legs. 

Jamarye Joiner took over in the red zone at quarterback and had a big run for the first down to make it first-and-goal after following blocks. This led to a 6-yard Plummer touchdown pass to Michael Wiley to put the Wildcats on top 14-7 late in the first quarter. 

Stanley Berryhill III took the snap with Plummer out at receiver. Berryhill completed a lateral pass to Plummer, who then completed the 32-yard pass to Wiley, putting the Wildcats at the Utah 37-yard line. The Wildcats were able to get into the red zone but were stopped on a fourth-and-one. 

A successful 57-yard field goal attempt from Lucas Havrisik took the lead 17-14. Havrisik tied his own Wildcats record from his freshman year with this field goal. 

Very early in the first quarter, Plummer completed a 45-yard pass to Dorian Singer. Singer ran down the sideline and barely stepped out of bounds before taking it all the way. This lead to a successful 31-yard field goal attempt by Tyler Loop to make the score 21-20 Utah. 

RELATED: Achieving his dream on the court

Loop completed a 22-yard field goal to make it a one-score game at 31-23 Utah. The Wildcats had a big play from Berryhill III and help from Utah penalties that kept the drive alive. 

Early in the fourth quarter, the Utes were forced to punt at their 28-yard line, but due to poor blocking the punt was blocked by Isaiah Taylor and recovered by Michael Williams and returned for a touchdown. The Wildcats went for two but were stopped to keep the score 31-29 Utah. 

Follow Cole Johnson on Twitter