Police Beat

Someone spraypainted the west and east walls of the tunnel at East Speedway Boulevard and North Warren Avenue with yellow paint. Police discovered it Nov. 12.

There were three separate instances of graffiti. The first was on the blue-light emergency call box light and speaker. The second was on the metallic strip stretches under the Speedway Boulevard bridge.

The final instance was on the left side of the elevator near the underpass. There were two circles with triangles on the lower-right corners.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A UA employee contacted police after witnessing two men breaking windows at the Henry Koffler building, 1340 E. University Blvd., at 12:21 a.m. Nov. 12.

The employee gave physical descriptions of the men and told an officer he saw them run west on University Boulevard.

Patrol units located three men in the area, two who fit the descriptions.

The employee was brought to identify the two men, and he told the officer he was 100 percent sure they were the men.

A bicycle was stolen from a bike rack outside of the Maroney Theatre, 1025 N. Olive Road, between 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Nov. 12.

The bike’s owner told an officer he was locking two bikes with a U-lock and must have accidentally left his bike unlocked.

When he returned to the rack, his bicycle was missing and the other bike was still locked up.

The bike was handmade and did not have a serial number.

The bike was gray and had stickers on the frame. They read “”built with my own two hands,”” “”Tuesday night ride”” and “”nobody for President,”” according to reports.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Someone broke six windows on the second floor of the Architecture building, 1040 N. Olive Road, causing $12,000 in damage around 8 p.m. Nov. 12.

Police noticed the windows were double-paned and that only the outer panes were shattered; the inner panes were intact. There was also a small hole that appeared to be from a pellet gun.

Tape was placed around the front of the building in case the glass fell from the windows.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A woman reported that someone attempted to steal her white 2005 Jeep Rubicon from Lot 8109, 421 N. Cherry Ave., between 6 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Nov. 12.

Police examined the car and saw that the passenger door lock core was punched in by an item similar to a screwdriver.

The steering column was broken into a number of pieces. The ignition was no longer working because someone used a pipe wrench, or something similar, to access the ignition.

The vehicle had an antitheft steering wheel lock between the front seats that was not used during the theft attempt.

A Tucson man was arrested for an outstanding warrant and two other civil vehicular violations at the intersection of East Speedway Boulevard and North Cherry Avenue at 6 a.m. Nov. 12.

An officer driving behind the man’s vehicle ran a random license plate check and found the car had cancelled insurance.

The officer pulled over the man.

The man verified he did not have insurance and that he had not registered the vehicle, either. A records check revealed that he had a Tucson Police Department warrant for failure to appear for driving while intoxicated.

The man was arrested and transported to Pima County Jail.

Police arrested a passenger in a car for underage drinking at the intersection of East Sixth Street and North Tyndall Avenue at 2:50 a.m. Nov. 11.

Police pulled over the car for its expired Texas registration and not having a license plate light. An officer noticed the vehicle smelled strongly of intoxicants.

The officer noticed that a passenger smelled strongly of intoxicants, and had slurred speech, bloodshot and watery eyes, and poor motor skills.

“”Yeah, I was drinking at Kappa Gamma,”” the passenger said, according to reports.

The man was cited and released to the driver. The driver was verbally warned for the expired registration and the lack of a license plate light.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.