Marana’s Star-Spangled Spectacular set to dazzle Fourth of July crowd

There are many Fourth of July options to be had in Tucson but Marana also has one to boast. Marana’s annual Star Spangled Spectacular will be moving to a new location this year at Arizona Pavilions near Interstate 10 and Cortaro Farms Road. Saved by a donation from Comcast, the event is expected to draw many southern Arizonans

A fireworks display will be launched behind the new Wheeler Taft Abbett Library at 9 p.m., and the entire pavilion is offering parking and space to watch the event. Many Marana businesses will be represented and the event boasts one of Southern Arizona’s biggest firework displays. Before the big show all the area local business, including Krispy Kreme, Cold Stone Creamery and Wal-Mart, will be offering food and events for all ages.

The event was planned quicker than usual this year after being saved by the Comcast donation, much like the A Mountain firework display.

“”They’ve been keeping us posted about what’s happening,”” said Colleen Duffy,an elementary education senior and Marana Parks and Recreation employee. “”For a while it seemed Marana could be the only fireworks display.””

While many details of the event hadn’t been released as of press time, many activities will be offered, including games and food such as cotton candy and kettle corn, to keep the younger crowd going until the fireworks display is set off. Local bands will be providing music for the event.

Marana’s Star Spangled Spectacular is free to the public. Festivities begin at 6 p.m., but getting there early is recommended.