Police Beat

A UA professor was sent suspicious e-mails Jan. 31, reports stated.

The professor was sent two e-mails that contained hateful speech.

One of the e-mails stated, “”Hey idiot, why don’t you shut up? White people are not crybabies like you. I bet you push your leftist bs (sic) to the students.””

The professor said the e-mails may have been sent in response to a lecture he gave to a class.

The police told the professor that the Security Incident Response Team at the CCIT could not trace who the e-mails were from because of the unknown number of IP addresses the e-mail had passed through.

The police also told the professor the e-mails would not be considered as hate crimes or threats because no threats were made in the emails.

A man was arrested for criminal trespassing Feb. 8.

The man was seen walking from the Student Union

Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., to the Civil Engineering Building, 1209 E. Second St.

The man had been warned several times to stay off of UA property. He was last given a warning Jan. 17.

He was arrested and booked into Pima County Jail.

A student was cited for underage drinking Feb. 9 at 2:48 a.m., along East Second Street and North Martin Avenue, reports stated.

A cab driver flagged down police when the student passed out in the back of his cab.

Police picked up the student and sat him in the front passenger seat because he was non-responsive.

The student later sat up and said he was okay. His eyes were red and watery and his speech was slurred. Police smelled a strong odor of alcohol on his breath.

The student asked police if he could have a ride home.

Police searched the student and found a fake driver’s license.

Police asked the student if the license had worked at bars.

The student said he did not go to any bars. He said members of Phi Gamma Delta (FIJI) and Delta Chi fraternities had bought some packs of beer and handed them out that night.

The student was given a minor in possession and cited for having false identification.

A student was ejected from McKale Center after police found a fake identification card in his wallet Jan. 27, reports stated.

An employee in McKale Center told police he thought he had seen the student throw a water bottle onto the court. The student said he did not throw a water bottle onto the court.

When he gave police his ID, police also saw that the student was holding a fake ID.

He was cited and ejected from McKale Center.

Two students were cited and released for criminal damage at Delta Gamma sorority house, 1448 E. First St., Feb. 9 at 8:15 p.m.

The students, who were members of Delta Gamma sorority, admitted to using keys to scratch the black Jetta of another female, who was a former member of the sorority.

The two students, who were both crying and smelled of alcohol, said they were upset with the other female because she had won the social chair position of their sorority and they had lost.

After she won social chair, the female moved out of the sorority house because her status as a UA student was unclear.

One of the females who scratched the car said she was under 21 and knew she shouldn’t be drinking.

The student was given a minor in possession.

A man was arrested for warrants Jan. 31, after police received reports that he was yelling at people outside the Student Recreation Center, 1400 E. Sixth St, reports stated.

Police spoke with the man at 12:39 p.m. outside the recreation center and asked him why he had been yelling. He told police he was just talking to people.

A records check showed he had three warrants from the Tucson Police Department and one from the Pima County Sheriff’s Office.

The warrants were for failing to appear in court for shoplifting, consuming liquor in public and possession of drug paraphernalia.

He was booked into Pima County Jail.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu