Police Beat: Feb. 7

Out of state ‘green’ card

An odor of marijuana coming from a resident’s room in the Graham-Greenlee Residence Hall was reported to the University of Arizona Police Department on Thursday at 7:29 p.m.

A UAPD officer responded to the dorm and met with a resident assistant.

The RA showed the officer up to the room where the odor was reported.

The officer knocked on the door and smelled a moderate odor of marijuana in the air when the resident opened the door.

The officer asked to enter the room and the residents denied entry. The officer asked them into the hall.

One of the residents denied smoking marijuana and said that he believed that his roommate had a water pipe behind the desk.

The other resident admitted to smoking marijuana and allowed the officer to search the room.

The officer found ground marijuana in a plastic bag and a glass grinder.

“”It hits you harder and leaves you faster,”” the resident said about why the marijuana was ground.

The resident also gave his California medical marijuana permit to the officer.

The officer advised the student that a prescription for marijuana in California is not valid in Arizona.

The officer cited and released the student for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 7:45 p.m.

Student has seizure while driving

A female UA student was taken to the University Medical Center after having a seizure on Thursday at 11:21 p.m.

A UAPD officer was traveling on Helen Street and noticed a car pulled over near Mountain Avenue with its passenger door wide open.

The officer pulled up behind the car and a woman ran to the officer’s vehicle.

The woman said that the driver of the car was having a seizure.

The officer immediately called for medical assistance and went to check on the driver.

The student still appeared to be having a seizure, and the officer attempted to calm her down to prevent her from banging her head.

Tucson Fire Department emergency medical personnel arrived on scene and transported the driver to UMC.

The passengers of the vehicle said that the driver had just come from an argument with an ex-boyfriend.

The driver could feel herself beginning to have a seizure and pulled over.

One of the passengers called to notify the driver’s parents.

Busted pipe on Park Avenue

A UAPD officer found a broken pipe in the ceramics area of the Esquire Apartments at 1230 N. Park Ave.

The officer was in the vicinity regarding another call when a man informed the officer that a pipe was leaking in the building.

The officer went into the apartment complex and noticed a burst pipe due to the extreme cold weather.

The water was flowing down over the lights and kiln area in the shop, creating an electric shock hazard.

The officer was able to turn off the electricity to the area, but the pipe maintenance was postponed due to the amount of other pipes bursting in the area.