Datebook

Campus Events

• Grand rounds. The UA Program in Integrative Medicine Grand Rounds presents a talk by Dr. Ben Kligler, “”Herbal Medicine and Nutritional Supplements for Children: What Do We Really Know?”” Free. Noon. Arizona Health Sciences Center, Room 8403
  • Public forum. A free public forum on the Texas redistricting case and the redistricting process in Arizona is sponsored by the department of political science. 4 p.m. Marriott University Park, Madera Room
  • CMES Public Talk. Arzoo Osanloo will give a talk titled “”Forging a Rift: Discourse and Politics in Iranian Human Rights.”” The event is co-sponsored by the Center for Middle East Studies and the James E. Rogers College of Law. 6 p.m. Center for English as a Second Language building, Room 102
  • The Silenced: Absent Votes. The Silenced brings about awareness of those who cannot legally vote because of criminal record or citizenship status. Free. 5 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Madera Room
  • Entertainment

• Film festival. The Puro Mexican Tucson Film Festival will have a promotional table sponsored by media arts 356. 11:30 a.m. UA Mall
  • Film. “”An Inconvenient Truth”” is a documentary on Al Gore’s campaign to make the issue of global warming a recognized problem worldwide. If the vast majority of the world’s scientists are right, we have just 10 years to avert a major catastrophe that could send our entire planet into extreme weather. 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. $3. SUMC, Gallagher Theater
  • UApresents. The East Village Opera Company presents an electrifying five-piece band, a string quartet and two powerful vocalists. $12 to $26, 7:30 p.m. Centennial Hall