Date Book

• Graduate writing workshop. This lecture will be on “”Introductions, Conclusions and Abstracts.”” 4-5 p.m. Modern Languages building, Room 413
  • Navigating the Rapids: career advancement in a whitewater world. This workshop will help you review and realign your career path. 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. University Services building, Room 214
  • Second annual professor Leon and Pauline Blitzer Award for excellence in the teaching of physics and related sciences. This year’s awardee Philip Krider will give a lecture on “”Lightning – A Striking Phenomenon.”” 4-5 p.m. Physics and Atmospheric Sciences building, Room 201
  • Selling Science: writing about research for everybody else, or how to use The New York Times as your journalism school. Ford Burkhart, former foreign news editor at The New York Times, will talk about how the paper brings complex science into the public’s daily discussion. 5:15-6:30 p.m. Marley building, Room 230
  • Africana Studies spring 2008 lecture series: Dr. Praise Zenenga, Assistant Professor, Africana Studies. This lecture will be about “”Bridges and Barriers to Social Change and Development: Gender, Language and Social Registers in Zimbabwean Theatre.”” Noon to 2 p.m. Chemistry building, Room 209