Police Beat

A man was arrested for possession of cocaine and driving with a suspended license Jan. 25, reports stated.

A police officer ran a records check of the vehicle the man was driving on southbound Campbell Avenue near East Sixth Street, but no record was found.

The police officer stopped the vehicle to see why there was no record of the vehicle.

The driver said he didn’t have his driver’s license with him.

The police officer learned the Motor Vehicle Department made a mistake with his license plate and one of the letters on the plate was different from his registered license plate.

The man had two warrants for his arrest. Police also found a bag containing white powder that tested positive for cocaine.

The man was booked into Pima County Jail.

A wireless electronic CatCard debit reader was stolen from McKale Center, 1721 E. Enke Drive, reports stated.

An employee noticed the machine missing Jan. 11 but waited until Jan. 24 to report the incident because he thought the machine might be returned.

The machine is worth about $3,000 and was last seen in a concession stand in McKale Center.

A man was cited for driving without glasses or contacts Jan. 24, reports stated.

Police stopped the man at 1027 N. Park Ave. at 7:30 p.m. because he was seen driving without lights on westbound Speedway Boulevard west of Mountain Avenue.

He was traveling between 5 mph and 15 mph in a 25 mph zone.

The man said he was not wearing his glasses or contacts.

A student was cited for having a fake driver’s license Jan. 24, reports stated.

The student’s wallet was found by an unknown person and returned to the University of Arizona Police Department.

Police found the fake ID card in the wallet that stated he was 21 years old. The man was actually 19.

When police asked him about the fake ID when he came to pick up the wallet, he said, “”I usually leave it at home.””

A student reported his license plate stolen when police found the wrong plate on his vehicle Jan. 24, reports stated.

Police stopped him near East Sixth Street and North Euclid Avenue because the plate on his car was registered to a different vehicle.

The student said he didn’t know the plate had been switched.

A student’s music player and radio antenna were stolen from her vehicle Jan. 24, reports stated.

The student parked her car at lot 2030, 1224 N. Martin Ave., at 12:50 p.m.

When she returned at 2:10 p.m., she found the driver’s door lock punched out and the center console damaged.

She told police she was concerned because her address was in plain view in the vehicle.

A student’s car and stereo were damaged while the car was parked at the UA campus Jan. 24, reports stated.

The student’s plastic zip-window was cut and the passenger-side door lock was punched out. The stereo console was also damaged.

The student parked the vehicle around 12:45 p.m. and found the damage when he returned to the vehicle around 4:48 p.m.

Police have no witnesses or suspects.

A student’s car keys and fitness pass were stolen from the women’s locker room in the Student Recreation Center, 1400 E. Sixth St., Jan, 24, reports stated.

The student said she placed her keys, backpack and sweater in an unlocked locker around 4:30 p.m. When she returned to the locker at 5:30 p.m., the keys and fitness pass were missing.

Her car was not stolen.

Police have no witnesses or suspects.

A student’s car was damaged while it was parked in lot 2030, 1224 N. Martin Ave., Jan. 24, reports stated.

Someone damaged the trunk of the car and ripped weather stripping above the driver’s side door sometime between 7:50 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

Plastic letters on the trunk and other plastic parts were also removed from the car.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu