Police Beat

Graffiti was found in an elevator and on the exterior of the Learning Services Building, 1512 E. First Ave., Aug. 28, reports stated.

A university employee said the graffiti was done sometime after Aug. 25.

Illegible words were written in blue and green marker on the walls of the interior elevator. There was also a large blue face with “”word”” written next to it.

The number “”187″” was sprayed in white spray paint on the north-side exterior wall.

The employee said he would start locking the elevator. He said that there has been a problem with unwanted people around the building during night hours.

There are no suspects or witnesses to the case.

A woman found keys next to a Suzuki Grand Vitara in a UA parking lot, 1420 E. Seventh St. at 8:23 a.m. Aug. 28, reports stated.

The woman saw that the keys belonged to a Suzuki and tested the keyless entry to confirm they belonged to the Vitara.

The police were contacted, and they met the woman at her office on campus.

Police ran a license plate check on the Vitara and contacted the owner of the vehicle.

Arrangements were made for the owner to pick up the keys.

Police responded to a report of suspicious voice mails on an answering machine at the Advisory Resource Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., Aug. 28, reports stated.

A university employee found 20 voice messages from a male when she returned to the office after the weekend.

The caller said he wanted to be a UA student and left his contact information.

The employee was concerned because the caller mentioned that he had the ability to make anthrax in his mind. He also said he could create hurricanes.

The police listened to the messages and found that the man sounded confused, delusional and increasingly hard to understand.

Police found there to be no threats in the messages.

There is no further investigation at this time.

The Chi Omega sorority house, 1420 E. First St., and the Delta Gamma sorority house, 1448 E. First St., were defaced sometime between 11 p.m. Aug. 27 and 8:28 a.m. Aug. 28, reports stated.

The House Director of Chi Omega called the police after seeing symbols and words written on the front door, windows and pillars of the house.

Orange and blue symbols on the door resembled Chinese letters.

“”Live your life,”” and “”No one knows,”” were written in blue on the glass on either side of the door.

Delta Gamma also had orange and blue symbols and the word “”Love,”” on the door.

There are no witnesses or suspects.

A pink wallet was found at 2:05 p.m. Aug. 28 at 1852 E. First St., reports stated.

The wallet had a driver’s license, Visa Compass Bank card, Chase Visa card, Capital One MasterCard and $4.19 in cash.

A phone message was left at the listed number of the name on the cards.

The wallet was placed into property for safekeeping.

A Schwinn SS Cruiser was stolen from the bike racks on the south side of the Marroney Theater, 1025 N. Olive Road, reports stated.

The $200 bicycle and a $30 kryptonite cable lock were taken sometime between 10:30 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. Aug. 28.

The Schwinn had white wall tires, a black and white seat with an “”S”” on it and pedals with hearts molded into them.

The bicycle was not registered with Parking and Transportation Services.

There are no witnesses or suspects.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found a http://www.uapd.arizona.edu