Damon back in the ‘Zone’

Paul Greengrass

Green Zone

1 hr 55min

MPAA Rating:  R

Score: B

The latest Matt Damon movie is called “”Green Zone.”” In the same style as his other recent movies, “”Green Zone”” is centered on the war in the Middle East and the fight against weapons of mass destruction. Damon’s character is an officer who is tired of coming up empty at sites that a Middle Eastern source named “”Magellan”” says hold the WMDs. The movie is based around trying to find out whether the weapons truly exist or not.

The movie is interesting. The conspiracy theory aspect of the movie around the weapons of mass destruction is a cool idea that the movie focuses on. It is packed with explosions, gunfire and blood. Not exactly the type of movie to bring your grandmother to, but it’s filled with action. The story itself seems to run long, but stays interesting throughout the movie.

Damon is his usual action-star self. His character in the movie reminded me a lot of his work in the Bourne movies, with a lot of yelling and action. Overall, though, it is interesting to see Damon in a movie that is not about secret agents, like usual.

The movie feels like someone is actually filming it. With the camera shaking and turning around corners quickly, you feel like you are actually there. If you get motion sickness, this might not be the best movie for you. Some parts of the movie are filmed in the dark. Most of the time it is hard to see what is actually happening because the location is so dark. It becomes confusing when you see Damon walking down a street, then the screen goes black and you find Damon in a hallway.

Overall, if you like seeing Matt Damon in action roles, conspiracy theories and films about the war in the Middle East, “”Green Zone”” is the perfect fit for you.