Staffing changes continue for Arizona football

UPDATE — Rumors surrounding the offensive line position at Arizona continue to swirl Monday. While former co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach Bill Bedenbaugh is leaving Arizona for West Virginia — the Arizona Daily Star reported that Bedenbaugh could be announced as West Virginia’s offensive line coach anytime starting Monday — a replacement for his position quickly emerged.

Former BYU offensive coordinator Robert Anae’s name was thrown into the ring today, but the hire is anything but official, despite the NBC affiliate in Provo, Utah, reporting that the move is a done deal.

Arizona still has to post the opening for offensive line coach and interview other candidates before the hire can be made official.

Rumors are flying that co-offensive coordinator Bill Bedenbaugh will be the latest member of the 2010 Arizona football coaching staff to leave.

Former UA co-defensive coordinator Greg Brown and defensive line coach Mike Tuiasosopo announced they were leaving in early December, and neither coached in Arizona’s appearance at the 2010 Valero Alamo Bowl.

Bedenbaugh’s departure isn’t official yet, but Rivals.com reporter Tom Dienhart hinted that he would join West Virginia coach-in-waiting Dana Holgorsen along with Stephen F. Austen assistant Shannon Dawson.

— Check back with dailywildcat.com for further updates.