Police Beat

A bike tire was stolen from Sky View Apartments, 1050 E. Eighth St., some time between 10 p.m. Jan. 25 and 8 a.m. Jan. 26, reports stated.

A student reported that the bike was parked outside the apartment complex overnight, and the tire was missing in the morning.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A man was arrested at 4:13 a.m. Jan. 26 outside of Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., for two outstanding warrants from the Tucson Police Department for failure to appear in court, reports stated.

A student reported there was a “”sketchy looking guy pulling on bikes”” near the bike racks east of Coronado.

The police found the man with bolt cutters standing next to a bike with a partially cut bike lock.

The man told police he was repairing the bike.

A records check showed the man had two outstanding warrants for his arrest.

When police searched the man, they found a bag with a green, leafy substance.

“”Ah, that’s just marijuana. It’s nothing,”” the man told the police.

When the police began to read the man his Miranda rights, he said, “”I’m a homeless person. I don’t have any rights.””

The man was charged with criminal damage, disorderly conduct and possession of marijuana. He was booked into Pima County Jail.

A check for $75 was found in the Harvill building, 1103 E. Second St., at 7:04 p.m. Jan. 25, reports stated.

A Harvill employee gave the check to police.

Police contacted the man who wrote the check. He was from New Orleans.

The man said the check was for his grandson, who was a UA student.

Police used Facebook to track down the grandson. They e-mailed him about the check.

The check was placed in property for safekeeping.

A student reported his vehicle was keyed at 1340 E. Second St., some time between 9:40 p.m. and 11:45 p.m. Jan. 24, reports stated.

The vehicle had deep scratches, ranging from four inches to four feet long.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A man was taken to Pima County Jail for having a warrant for his arrest at 4:50 p.m. Jan. 25 along North Euclid Avenue and East Florita Street, reports stated.

The man was driving a vehicle with a suspended license plate.

He said he bought the vehicle from a woman three days ago.

A records check showed the man had a warrant for his arrest for violating his probation. He previously appeared in juvenile court.

The man was booked into Pima County Jail.

A student reported his car was broken into in lot 7105, 321 N. Highland Ave., sometime between 9:35 a.m. and noon Jan. 26, reports stated.

The front driver’s side window of the SUV was shattered and the student’s parking permit was stolen.

His stereo, DVD player with 7-inch touch screen and plastic console around the stereo were also stolen.

Police took fingerprint samples from the car.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Twelve adult magazines were found on the south side of Sky View Apartments at 1:05 p.m. Jan. 26, reports stated.

The magazines were stacked together on the ground between a wash and the parking lot. They were wet and covered with a tree branch.

The magazines were found when police were searching the area for property involved in theft from a motor vehicle.

Police placed the magazines into property as evidence.

A student reported his bike was stolen from the Architecture building, 1040 N. Olive Drive, some time between 7:50 a.m. and 12:40 p.m., Jan. 25, reports stated.

The student said his bike was secured with a “”heavy-duty cable lock.””

When he returned, both the lock and the bike were stolen.

The student did not know the bike’s serial number.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu