Calendar: July 18-24

WEDNESDAY, July 18

“Funky Chicken” acrylic painting at Creative Juice Art Bar

Gather some friends and head out to Creative Juice Art Bar, 6530 E. Tanque Verde Rd., Suite 160, for an evening of wine and painting. Create your own masterpiece and sip on some great wine in the process. A spot in the class costs $35 and can be purchased at the door or online at www.creativejuiceartbar.com. The fun starts at 6:30 p.m.

THURSDAY, July 19

Harry and the Potters at Hotel Congress

Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St., is the place to witness the return of Harry and the Potters. The unique band that mixes a love for books with a love for music will be performing a live all-ages show with free admission. Butterbeer and other goodies will be available — and if the first show is full, the band will stick around and play another! The concert starts at 5 p.m. and the show starts at 6.

FRIDAY, July 20

“The Invisible War” at The Loft Cinema

Head to The Loft Cinema, 3233 E Speedway Blvd., and spend an evening with Oscar-nominated director Kirby Dick as a question-and-answer session follows a special screening of his documentary film, “The Invisible War.” The film is an investigative piece that chronicles the rampant problem of rape and sexual assault in the United States military. Tickets are $9 for general admission or $7 with a valid student ID card. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the show starts at 7.

SATURDAY, July 21

“In Search of Dillinger’s Ghost” at Hotel Congress

Hotel Congress invites you to take part in an evening of murder mystery dinner theater as acting troupe Murder Mayhem performs the second act of “In Search of Dillinger’s Ghost.” The show will be accompanied by a three-course meal and interactive elements for the audience. Tickets are $45 and can be purchased at the door, or online at www.ticketfly.com/event/138707. Cocktails are served at 6:30 p.m. and the show starts at 7. The event is restricted to people under 21.

SUNDAY, July 22

“Potash and Perlmutter” at Comedy Playhouse

Silent comedy “Potash and Perlmutter,” created by British comedian and playwright Montague Glass in the early 20th century, will be performed at the Comedy Playhouse, 3620 N. First Ave., Suite 154. The show is open to all ages, tickets are $12 and can be purchased at the door. The show starts at 3 p.m.

MONDAY, July 23

Colin Sams and His Fortress of Solid Dudes at Plush

Mondays can be lame, but you can beat the doldrums this week by heading out to Plush, 340 E. 6th St., for a free lounge show, where drink specials and solid tunes by “solid dudes” will rule the night. The show is restricted to people aged 21 and up and starts at 9:30 p.m.

TUESDAY, July 24

Melvin Seals and the JGB at the Rialto Theatre

Head out to the Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St., for an evening of rock and roll with longtime recording artist Melvin Seals. He has recorded and toured with the likes of Elvin Bishop, Charlie Daniels and — for 15 years — with Jerry Garcia. He joined the Jerry Garcia Band and kept it alive after Garcia’s death in 1995. Tickets start at $18 and can be purchased through the Rialto Box Office at 740-1000. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show starts at 8.