Police Beat

Three female students were diverted to the Dean of Students Office for underage drinking at Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., Saturday.

An officer reported to Coronado after staff reported an extremely intoxicated and barely conscious women.

Upon arrival, the officer was escorted to a second floor bathroom, where he saw a female student slumped on the floor, leaning on the toilet. She was barely audible as the officer asked her questions.

Two of the student’s friends were with her, one holding three purses. The officer asked her if she had an identification card for her friend.

The friend pulled out a wallet and opened it. Exposed was a clear plastic window with an ID showing. The friend then pulled a second ID out from under that one.

The officer asked what the second ID was, and the friend said, “”That’s her fake.”” The officer took possession of both IDs.

The friend said all three of them had been partying earlier. She started saying that they had been drinking at Pi Kappa Phi fraternity house, 1449 N. Cherry Ave., but stopped mid-sentence. She then said that they had been drinking before the party.

The two friends both showed signs of alcohol ingestion.

The friend who had provided the IDs also said that when they got to Coronado she was carrying the girl, who was unable to walk, but dropped her twice. Both times, the girl hit her head.

The friend said, “”It is hard to carry someone when you have been drinking and have high heels on,”” according to reports.

Medical assistance arrived and transported the slumped-over student to University Medical Center, 1501 N. Campbell Ave., for evaluation.

The fake ID was destroyed.

Someone broke the front passenger-side window of a vehicle at Sky View Apartments, 1050 E. Eighth St., Saturday.

An officer met with the vehicle’s owner on the west side of the building. The owner said he had parked his PT Cruiser on Friday and when he returned to it Saturday he discovered his vehicle was damaged with items removed from it.

The front passenger-side window had been broken onto the front passenger seat. A single-strap black cloth bag was taken from the vehicle.

The bag contained an XM satellite radio. The owner was unable to provide a model or serial number for the radio.

The officer was unable to recover any fingerprints from the broken window.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and marijuana near the intersection of North First Avenue and East Grant Road on Friday night.

Two officers stopped a vehicle for speeding. Upon approaching the drivers-side window, one of the officers smelled the odor of burnt marijuana coming from inside the vehicle.

The officers searched the vehicle, finding a small plastic container in the dashboard console. Inside was a small amount of marijuana.

In a mesh pocket on the back of the front passenger seat, police found a multicolored pipe containing marijuana residue.

The driver of the vehicle said he had no idea how the marijuana and pipe got in his car. He admitted smoking marijuana on occasion but denied ownership of the pipe and marijuana.

The driver was cited and released for possession.

An officer was called to the Alpha Phi sorority house, 1339 E. First St., Friday regarding criminal damage.

Upon arrival the officer met with a bus driver who said he was in front of the house waiting to drop off students. The bus was unloading students when a man wearing a beige sweater and hat struck the bus’s windshield with his fist, creating a 2-foot crack.

The man then walked away from the area and could not be located.

The driver estimated the damage at $280. He said the bus company would handle the incident through its insurance company.