Police Beat

Two students were cited for minors in possession of alcohol and one was cited as a criminal nuisance for urinating in public around 12 a.m. April 6.

An off-duty UAPD employee reported a male was urinating at the Wildcat statue near East University Boulevard and North Warren Avenue.

The male was later spotted with a female companion at the SunTran bus stop.

“”I peed at the statue because I really had to go,”” the student told police when he was confronted at the bus station, according to reports.

He gave police his California driver’s license, which showed he was 20 years old.

The female student said she did not have identification with her, but that she was from California and born on Dec. 12, 1986.

Police told the student there was no record of her name through the California DMV or the UA directory and believed she had given them a fake name.

She then told police her real name and said she was 20 years old also.

While the officer was explaining the citation process, she interrupted to ask for a break on the charges, said the two had only had a few drinks on their dinner date and that her time was being wasted. She also told the officer he should feel guilty about giving them citations.

The 20-year-old female was cited and released for minor in possession of alcohol and false information to law enforcement.

The 20-year-old male was cited and released for minor in possession of alcohol and criminal nuisance.

An unknown person discharged a fire extinguisher on the third floor of Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall, 910 E. Fifth St., around 3 a.m. April 6.

There were no signs of smoke when police and fire departments arrived, and the fire alarms went off as a result of the incident.

The incident was reported by an “”assistant resident assistant”” who said only the resident assistant could provide police with video footage.

The assistant RA said he would view the tape when the primary RA returned and would call UAPD so an officer could pick up the tape.

Residents of the third floor in Arizona-Sonora were allowed back into their rooms at about 4:15 a.m.

A resident of La Paz Residence Hall, 602 N. Highland Ave., was diverted to the Dean of Students Office for minor in possession of alcohol at 4:15 p.m. April 6 after he received a package.

Police responded to a call about a package delivered to La Paz that smelled of marijuana.

The hall director called the recipient to come pick up his package while police waited.

The student picked up his package and was walking back to his room when police asked him if he knew who the sender, “”Your only love,”” was. They also asked him if he knew what was in the package.

The student said he did not know. Police asked him to open the package in front of them.

Two bags of marijuana were found in the package, one inside of a stick of deodorant and one inside a cereal box.

The student said he did not know who the sender was, although it was from California. The student said he was from California but does not know anyone who would send him marijuana.

Police asked to search his room, and he agreed.

They found one can of Bud Light, one bottle of Southern Comfort and another bottle of beer but did not find any marijuana.

The student was referred to the Dean of Students Office for possession of alcohol.

Two male students were charged with minors in possession of alcohol near East First Street and North Martin Avenue at 12:20 a.m. April 5.

An officer saw two males walking through the intersection. One student dropped five unopened cans of Keystone Light as the officer approached them.

Both males showed signs of intoxication. One student had slurred speech, and both students admitted to drinking alcohol that night. The students emptied their beer cans on site.

Both students were cited and released for minors in possession of alcohol in the body and one was charged with a minor in possession of alcohol.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu