For epicenter of quality, B Line’s sure to deliver

Annie+Marum+%2F+Arizona+Daily+Wildcat%0AB+Line+server+Jacqueline+Davis+prepares+a+slice+of+pie+behind+the+counter+at+the+local+restaurant.+The+recent+UA+grad+has+been+working+at+the+B+Line+for+about+a+year+now.+
    Annie Marum
    Annie Marum / Arizona Daily Wildcat B Line server Jacqueline Davis prepares a slice of pie behind the counter at the local restaurant. The recent UA grad has been working at the B Line for about a year now.

Each week, the Daily Wildcat gives suggestions on where to go to enjoy your weekend.

Much has been written about The B Line on Fourth Avenue and its many opportunities for people-watching, but it also possesses a severely underrated ambiance, perfect for a hot date.

The menu offers 26 lunch and dinner entrées and every single one of them is affordable and delicious, even if the selection is small. Most entrees come in around $8 to $11.

Both the speed and service remind patrons throughout their dining experience that this isn’t an average chain restaurant.

Dining patrons order at the counter as opposed to your typical seated-ordering routine. A playing card lets servers know which entrees go to which polished wood tables.

Just about everything on the menu is made to order but thankfully the quick service doesn’t reflect on any sort of fast-food, flash-fried, frozen dinner experience.

The B Line also boasts a very Southwestern-oriented flavor. Most dishes on the menu include familiar tastes of chiles, peppers and other spicy additions — so even the pastas have a bit of fire to them. Try a fetajack burro ($7.95), a spicy black bean cheeseburger ($8.95) or a heaping helping of two mahi mahi fish tacos ($10.95) served with rice and beans for a sample of that Southwestern flair.

In terms of atmosphere, The B Line nails it head on: Yellow tulips grace the countertops of the bar-style seating, and dimmed lighting and an elegant décor accent the varied menu. It’s as common to see loving couples sharing a bottle of Italian Chianti red wine as it is to see UA students grabbing dessert out of the restaurant’s revolving glass case, which speaks to the mass appeal of the joint.

Altogether, the restaurant easily earns a recommendation. If you’re looking to actually make an impression on that special someone by showing some class (as opposed to grabbing some Taco Bell), The B Line dresses to impress. And if you’re just grabbing a quick glass of wine with some pals, it’s hard to do much better.