Police Beat: Nov. 30

Toppled motorcycle

A University of Arizona Police Department officer was on patrol near the UA Mall on Thursday when he saw a red Ducati motorcycle lying on its side. The motorcycle was in the motorcycle parking area on the east side of the Science-Engineering Library. The kickstand was extended and securely in place. The officer determined that the motorcycle had been pushed or toppled over. He photographed the bike how he found it, then he and another officer returned the motorcycle to its upright position. There were minor scratch marks on the right front side, on the handgrip and on the bottom outer rim of the oil casing. The officer emailed the registered owner of the motorcycle about the incident.

Illegible graffiti

A UAPD officer went to the Electrical and Computer Engineering building at 12:30 p.m. on Thursday in response to graffiti. The graffiti was approximately 4 feet high and close to 20 feet in length on the exterior, north-facing wall. The graffiti was written in blue spray paint, but the letters and graphics were illegible. The officer photographed the scene and submitted the photos to UAPD property and evidence. Victim’s rights forms were mailed to the UA.

Black and blue

A UAPD officer was on patrol near the 22nd Street Warehouse, 1145 S. Warren Ave., at 10:45 a.m. on Friday when he noticed black and blue spray-painted graffiti on the southwest corner of the building. The graffiti consisted of several unknown letters and graphics, about 3 feet high and 4 feet wide. The officer photographed the scene and submitted the photos to UAPD property and evidence. Victim’s rights forms were mailed to the UA.

Found bike

A UAPD officer met with a man in the lobby of UAPD at 11:30 a.m. on Friday in response to a found bicycle. The man brought a black Cannondale bike with him and said he had found it in the alley behind his house on Waverly Street. The bike had a registration sticker from Parking and Transportation Services on it, but the owner is still unknown. The officer placed the bike into UAPD property and evidence.

Needles and beer

A UAPD officer was performing a building check at the Genetic Graduate Interdisciplinary Program, 1548 E. Drachman St., at 10:30 p.m. on Friday when he noticed a shed door that was ajar. The officer noticed the door didn’t appear to have been forced open, but the wood was worn and the screws had nothing to adhere to. While the officer was examining the items in the shed, he found a box of Miller beer and several coffee cans full of medical syringes. The officer disposed of the beer in the bushes and sent the syringes to University Medical Center–University Campus to be disposed of safely. The officer called Facilities Management to secure the door.