Date Book

Campus Events

• Solar Rock. Members of a UA community are hosting a green fair and a solar-powered concert. This event is part of the National Day of Climate Action. There will be a number of speakers, including UA faculty and U.S. Rep. Raǧl Grijalva. 12-5 p.m. Tomorrow. Free. Himmel Park, 1000 N. Tucson Blvd.
  • Seminar. Gina Sosinsky, adjunct professor of neurosciences at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine presents “”Filling in the Gaps in Gap Junction Structure: Insights into Dynamic Processes From Static Structure.”” 11 a.m. Free. Arizona Health Sciences Center, Room 5403
  • Lecture. Author Howard S. Becker discusses “”Studying the Jazz Repertoire.”” Noon. Free. Social Sciences building, Room 415
  • Wildcat Pow Wow. A two-day event featuring Native American dancing, music, food and art will occur on campus. There will also be a number of special events throughout the function. 5-10 p.m. today, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. tomorrow. $3-$5. Bear Down Field
  • Blood drive. A Red Cross blood drive will be held on campus. The event will be sponsored by the Graduate and Professional Student Council. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Cherry Avenue pullout on the UA Mall
  • Hygiene for Humanity. The Student Association for International Relief Effort (SAFIRE) will be all over campus today accepting donations and hygiene products to benefit the nation of Sri Lanka as it continues to recover from the devastating effects of the 2004 tsunami. You can contact SAFIRE through Neha Datta at ua_safire@hotmail.com. All day. Numerous campus locations
  • Entertainment

• Exhibit. “”On Our Own Time”” is an art exhibit showcasing the works of UA staff members. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Union Gallery
  • Halo 2 tournament. UA students are invited to participate in this video game event. 5 p.m. $3. SUMC, Games Room
  • Stargazing. UA students can participate in stargazing courtesy of the Flandrau Science Center. 6-9:30 p.m. Free. UA Mall, east end