Manes reign in different styles

Hairstyling is a diverse way to pull together a look. As with fingerprints, every person has different hair colors, styles and consistencies.

Many students choose to alter their natural color, adding in reds, platinums, pinks and hues of all kinds. Some perm, crimp, straighten, relax and do just about anything if it involves a can of hairspray or pomade.

Other students choose to keep their natural hair color and spend little time primping.

There are also many ways to style and use accessories to dress up hair that has not been washed in a few days. Hats are especially popular for men and women.

Fashion Facts spotted some chic styles and colors on campus Tuesday.

Photos by Alan Fullmer

For Amy Wieseneck, a media arts junior and former Wildcat arts writer, naturally wavy hair and highlights have people stopping her non-stop.

“”People ask to touch it,”” she said. “”My hair has a lot of body.””

Wieseneck said she is proud her hair is naturally blonde, rather than dyed that color.

“”Hair stylists say, ‘People pay lots of money for these highlights,’ but I have never dyed it,”” she said.

Her thick waves are supported by a pair of sunglasses she purchased at Topshop, a boutique in London. Wieseneck said styling her hair is very simple.

“”I took a shower today and just let it air-dry,”” she said.

Sunni Wiley’s two-toned locks are bright and expressive. The psychology sophomore is not afraid to stand out in a crowd. She experiments with color and has even had a touch of pink in her hair before. The dark brown color is her natural hue, while the top is a platinum shade.

“”I had a really cute mullet with long and short layers,”” she said.

Wiley said her hair reaches to her lower back when worn down.

“”I always wear it down when I go out,”” she said.

While her tresses might look hard to manage, Wiley said it is rather easy.

Environmental sciences freshman Chantelle Bennifield just recently cut off about eight inches of hair.

“”I donated it to Locks of Love,”” she said.

Her style is short and well groomed. Bennifield said she occasionally curls it, but chose to keep it straight Tuesday for class.

Bennifield rocks her short hair by tying it with a sparkly Urban Outfitters scarf.

“”I definitely wear bandanas and headbands,”” she said.

Her short hair is easy to style for class and when she goes out with friends.

To tame her naturally curly locks, Bennifield has it relaxed, which she loves.

“”If I’m going to go out, I dress it up,”” she said. “”I miss my long hair, but short hair is really convenient.””