Edible gifts for graduates

Valentina Martinelli/ Arizona Daily Wildcat

Large cookies from Paradise Bakery are one of the many gifts that can be purchased as graduation gifts from local venders.
    Valentina Martinelli
    Valentina Martinelli/ Arizona Daily Wildcat Large cookies from Paradise Bakery are one of the many gifts that can be purchased as graduation gifts from local venders.

With graduation just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about gifts for your favorite grad. If flower, cards and balloons are a little overdone for your taste, why don’t you take a more delicious route? There are plenty of places in town to get your graduates a tasty treat to celebrate their accomplishment.

Edible Arrangements

Beautiful and tasty treats from Edible Arrangements are a no-fail. The arrangements always feature fresh fruit that is in season, and are perfect for pleasing a crowd. They also make a great centerpiece. The arrangements, which feature pineapples, apples, strawberries, marshmallows and more, start at $40 and go up with an additional fee for shipping. Despite the price tag these are perfect for celebrating your grads once-in-a-lifetime accomplishment. Edible Arrangements has two locations in Tucson and offers online ordering as well as delivery.

6425 N. Oracle Rd., 219-3784

6176 E. Speedway Blvd., 790-3784

www.ediblearrangements.com

Paradise Café and Bakery

Ask UA students where to go for fresh cookies and they’ll surely reply “”Paradise.”” Why not remember your graduation with a giant, frosted cookie from a UA favorite? Made to order with personalized messages, these are a party pleaser and pretty cost efficient at that. The cookies cost $16.95 each, can be ordered through Paradise Bakery’s website and are available in round or heart shaped. Get some inspiration online from Paradise’s album of cookies designs.

845 N. Park Ave., 882-5003

www.paradisebakery.com

Frost Gelato

Gelato is an undeniably fantastic treat and the perfect way to celebrate a new degree. Frost offers an array of gelato cakes that are too good to be true. Pick out your flavors and decorations, and then enjoy your creation. The cakes are mostly gelato with a fantastic thin layer of cake sandwiched in between. Although the prices are a bit steep, their unique look and quality cannot be beat. Starting at $29.99 and going up to $39.99 these cakes need to be ordered at least 24 hours in advance. The order form is available online in the menu section.

7301 E. Tanque Verde Rd., 886-0354

7131 N. Oracle Rd., 797-0188

2905 E. Skyline Dr., 615-9490

www.frostgelato.com

Red Velvet Cup Cakery

Red Velvet’s sinfully delish cake treats are a wonderful way to please your grad. Order a dozen for a grad party or as just a gift and no one will be disappointed. These are a memorable way to celebrate any graduate’s walk across the stage. Freshly made and available in 12 different flavors, there is something for all tastes. A dozen cupcakes runs about $33. Mini cupcakes are also available to be order. These are sure to bring a smile to any grads face and belly.

943 E. University Blvd., 829-7780

Maribelle Cakery

If a party is in the works for your grad, Maribelle’s is the way to go. Owned by a UA alumnus, this bakery has won numerous awards including the 2007 Tucson Weekly’s Best of Tucson for Best Custom Cakes. It specializes in tiered cakes and has an array of graduation cake styles to choose from. Maribelle Cakery will design a cake for your specific needs and make it fit your theme. These cakes are available in your choice of flavor and frosting. The staff will work with you to meet any and all specific needs. This is the perfect way to surprise the unsuspecting grad with a spectacular cake.

2930 N. Swan Rd., 322-9294

2 E. Congress St., 282-4936

www.cakesbymaribelle.com