Police Beat

A female student was arrested for underage drinking after returning home from a party at the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity house, 1509 E. Second St., on Thursday.

Police observed the female having difficulty walking on the UA Mall and stopped her at the intersection of East University Boulevard and North Highland Avenue. The officer asked her for identification after smelling a strong odor of alcohol on her breath. She said that she did not have any identification.

She handed over her CatCard after the officer told her he saw the card sticking out from the top of her blouse.

The officer then identified the female and asked her where she had been drinking. She said at the fraternity house. The officer asked her if they gave her alcohol at the party, and she said yes.

The officer cited and released the female at the scene and transported her to Posada San Pedro Residence Hall, 601 N. Highland Ave.

A 17-year-old girl was transported to University Medical Center, 1501 N. Campbell Ave., due to excessive amounts of alcohol in her system Thursday.

UAPD was dispatched to Yavapai Residence Hall, 1222 E. South Campus Drive, to deal with a resident who had passed out because of alcohol consumption. The resident assistant told the officer that the girl had passed out after throwing up on her bed.

The officer tried multiple times to wake the girl, and when she did regain consciousness, she needed to use the bathroom. The officer helped the girl from her own vomit and kept her conscious until the paramedics arrived.

The girl told the paramedics that she had been drinking at a fraternity house, but did not say which one.

Two women on Aug. 21 reported to the University of Arizona Police Department false “”woman seeking man”” listings placed on a popular Web site and said they believed they knew who posted the information.

The women told an officer that they had been receiving strange calls and text messages of lewd nature, about 10-20 calls and text messages each.

During one phone call the boyfriend of one of the women asked the caller how he had obtained the
    phone number.

The man said that he had gotten the number from www.craigslist.org.

The women checked the post and said that the information was lewd in nature and listed the phone numbers of both the women.

The women believe that a male from one of their summer school classes could be behind the postings because he could be harboring resentment toward the women.

The writing style of the posts was similar to the way the male wrote in e-mails to the women.

The women flagged the posts for removal from the Web site.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.