DateBook

LECTURES

• “”Turn Back the Clock – Discover How to Be 10 Years Younger.”” Dr. Steven Masley, author of “”Look Ten Years Younger,”” completed his residency at the UA. His talk can help people identify practical, office-based markers of physiological age, accelerated aging and will review evidence-based lifestyle therapies to reverse accelerated aging and optimize overall health. Noon. ÿStudent Union Memorial Center, UofA BookStores, lower level
  • Oral doctoral defense. “”The Genetic Relationships of the Sister Species Drosophila mojavensis and Drosophila arizonae and the Genetic Basis of Sterility in their Hybrid Males.””ÿ2 p.m.ÿHaury building, Room 216
  • Resume Writing Workshop. 2 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Career Services, Suite 411
  • Entomology Seminar. Robert Page will discuss reproductive development and the evolution of social foraging in honeybees.ÿ4 p.m.ÿMarleyÿbuilding, Room 230
  • AME seminar series. Dr. Ren-Jye Yang will discuss “”Design Optimization and Applications in Automotive Industry.””ÿ4 p.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S212
  • Visiting artist lecture and slide presentation.ÿThe Graduate Printmaking Club proudly presents a lecture and slide presentation by visiting artist printmaker Michael Barnes, assistant professor of art in printmaking at Northern Illinois University. 6:30 p.m. School of Art, Room 103
  • Honors College play.ÿThe Honors College presents the Honors Players in a Spring 2006 performance of “”The House of Bernarda Alba”” by Garcia Lorca. Seating is limited – early arrival is encouraged. 7:30 p.m. Free. Slonaker House, Living Room
  • UApresents: The Black Watch and the Band of the Welsh Guards. The Black Watch won its first honors in 1745, after the Battle of Fontenoy in the War of the Austrian Succession. Today, The Black Watch continues to serve as a fully operational battalion in the modern British army. Touring performances have popularized piping and marching heard on the battlefields of Waterloo, the Somme, Tobruk and Hong Kong, among others. 7:30 p.m. $25-$42.ÿCentennial Hall