Datebook

Campus Events

• Constitution Day Panel. “”A Conversation on the Constitution: Judicial Independence,”” a video in which Supreme Court Justices will be viewed. After the video, a panel featuring Supreme Court of Arizona Justices W. Scott Bales and Andrew D. Hurwitz, U.S. District Judge Stephen McNamee and state Rep. Majority leader Stephen Tully will discuss “”The Rights and Responsibilities of an Independent Judiciary.”” 5 p.m. James E. Rogers College of Law building, Room 146
  • BRAVO! Datablitz. Students Kevin Chandler and Christina Kwong will present the research they conducted at the University of Wuhan in China. 4 p.m. Life Sciences South building, Room 340
  • Doing The Right Thing. Presented by the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership, this ethics workshop is part of the free fall leadership workshop series. Earn a leadership-enrichment certificate by attending seven workshops in three semesters. 5 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Sabino Room
  • SCA meeting. It’s “”International Talk Like A Pirate Day!”” No better way to celebrate than to attend a Society for Creative Anachronism meeting. Get in touch with your inner pirate…ahem … privateer. Fight with Viking raiders. Frolic with men in tights. Perform Shakespeare. Armored combat, rapiers, archery, dance, skullduggery – if it came from pre-17th-century Europe, we do it! 6 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Food Court
  • Documentary. “”The Oil Factor: Behind the War on Terror,”” a fact-filled documentary that includes original footage from Iraq and Afghanistan, will be shown. 7 p.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S202
  • Galaxy lecture. The Steward Observatory Public Evening Lecture will be performed by Gregory Rudnick, who will present “”Recipe for a Galaxy Cluster: A Lot of Dark Matter, A Bunch of Hot Gas and a Sprinkling of Galaxies.”” 7:30 p.m. Steward Observatory, Room N210
  • Mexico lecture. The Arizona Archaeological and Historical Society presents a lecture by Michael Brescia of the Arizona State Museum. Brescia will speak on “”Legal Nuance and Structural Continuity in the Spanish Civil Law of Property: Water, Land and Society in Mexico’s Far North.”” 7:30 p.m. University Medical Center, DuVal Auditorium
  • ASUA/ASA Voter Battle of the Sexes. The KFMA radio station will be hosting a voter-registration challenge between the Associated Students of the University of Arizona and the Arizona Students’ Association. 11 a.m. UA Mall
  • Entertainment

• Free Tourney Monday. Come out for free tournaments every Monday night. 5 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Games Room