Roundtable: Can Arizona football keep their winning streak alive?

The Pride of Arizona plays their show, The Music of Silk Sonic, at the Snapdragon Stadium in San Diego. (Courtesy Chad Shoopman)

Ryan Wohl: Arizona wins 28-24

Arizona hasn’t won a home opener since 2017, and I believe that this is the year that they get it done. The Wildcats are heavy underdogs with the betting line favoring Mississippi State University by 10.5 points, but this team thrives as the underdogs. This comes after beating San Diego State University by 18 points after the Aztecs were favored by 6.5 points. If Jayden de Laura can keep up his phenomenal performance from last week, the Wildcats should be able to get the job done and build their first multiple game winning streak since 2019. 

Jayson Dayee: Arizona wins 33-24

My prediction for the Arizona versus Mississippi State game is that Arizona will come out victorious with a final score of 33-24. As long as Arizona continues to play disciplined football and keep their turnovers down, I believe they should make easy work of the Bulldogs. The Wildcats had a great week one and will look to continue building off that momentum as they play their first home game of the season.

Delaney Penn: Arizona loses 21-17

After last week’s performance, I believe that we will beat Mississippi State 21-17. With Jayden de Laura as a quarterback, I think we will be the first to score in the first quarter. Arizona’s defense looks really strong this year. All of the transfer players stepped up. It will be exciting to see what they do this weekend.

Alex Poor: Arizona losses 38-24

The Arizona offense was revitalized by key additions Jayden de Laura and Jacob Cowing in last week’s win at SDSU, and we will need to see that same offense and more to keep up with Mississippi State. They are a pass-heavy SEC offense who put up 450 yards on 49 passing attempts in a 49-23 win hosting the University of Memphis last week. Arizona’s secondary, including junior cornerbacks Christian Roland-Wallace and Isaiah Rutherford, will be put to the test against Mississippi quarterback Will Rogers, who led the SEC in passing yards per game (364.5) in 2021.

RELATED: Here is our new Football print edition!

Devin Homer: Arizona wins 34-28

Arizona will keep their winning streak alive at home this week. They will beat Mississippi State 34-28 Saturday and start their SEC win streak. Jayden de Laura will have another great game and the running back room for Arizona will lead the Wildcats to another win. This game will get the fans to start showing up to games consistently for the rest of the season.

Cole Johnson: Arizona loses 38-31 

The Arizona football team is headed into this game with a lot of confidence, especially quarterback Jayden de Laura. The Wildcats will compete but haven’t shown they can compete with Power Five schools just yet. However, de Laura has played strong against Power Five schools. 

Follow Daily Wildcat Sports on Twitter