“Police charge Galloway man, Hamilton woman with assault and robbery”

Galloway Township man and Hamilton Township woman were arrested Monday for an alleged assault and robbery the previous day.

Gordon Starks, 21, was charged with robbery, two counts of aggravated assault, possession of a weapon by a convicted felon, unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose and theft, poilce said

Ashley Roberts, 22, was charged with robbery and aggravated assault, police said.

Both were taken to the Atlantic County Justice Facility. Bail was set at $300,000 for Starks and $100,000 for Roberts.

Galloway police were called at about 7:40 p.m. Sunday to a home in the 100 block of Navesink Court in response to a woman screaming about a man with a gun.

Police said they found a 22-year-old female victim bleeding from the head upon arrival and were told by the woman that Starks came to the home looking for someone who was not there.

Starks then entered the home and began to take items, police said, and pointed a handgun at the victim when she told him not to take the items.

The woman fled the residence screaming, police said, and was allegedly assaulted by Roberts.

Starks is also accused of assaulting the victim after he left the house.

Police said Starks fired his gun into the air when the victim’s mother came from inside the home and got involved in the dispute.

He and Roberts then fled from the residence in a silver car.

The victim, whose name was not released, was taken to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, Mainland Campus, for treatment.

Starks and Roberts were arrested at about 3 p.m. Monday when Hamilton Township police spotted them driving in the silver car on Route 50.

Police stopped the vehicle and Starks and Roberts were taken into custody without further incident before being turned over to Galloway police.