Police Beat

A UA employee suffered injuries to the left side of his face and head and his left shoulder when the Grounds Services cart he was driving crashed at 3:03 p.m. Feb. 28, reports stated.

He was driving the cart eastbound on a path at 1009 East South Campus Drive, when the top of the cart hit a tree causing it to turn right and hit a curb.

The cart then turned left and struck another tree, causing the cart to turn northbound into the Anthropology building.

The cart had damage on the front bumper and canopy. The employee was transported to the University Medical Center by ambulance.

A UA student was seen trespassing at Villa Del Puente Residence Hall, 575 N. Highland Ave., Feb. 28, reports stated.

A resident assistant saw the student, who had been evicted from the residence hall and previously warned for trespassing.

When police arrived at 10:48 p.m., they were unable to find the student and left.

The resident assistant saw the student again at 11:22 p.m., and called police.

Police went to the room the resident assistant had seen the student in.

Two residents were inside the room and the resident assistant had mistaken one for the student who had trespassed.

The room’s resident said the student accused of trespassing had been in the room earlier that day to play “”Madden.””

Both residents said they didn’t know the student was not allowed in the residence hall.

The incident report was given to the UAPD detective division to determine whether or not the Pima County Attorney’s Office will proceed with criminal charges against the student based on the friend’s admission.

A man was cited for loitering at 11:40 a.m.March 1, reports stated.

A police officer saw the man washing car windows and asking for money from drivers at Circle K at North Park Avenue and East Speedway Boulevard.

The man appeared drunk and had been warned for aggressive panhandling by the Tucson Police Department in the past.

The officer told the man to leave. The man walked away and walked over to a driver waiting to turn at East Speedway Boulevard asked the driver for money.

The man then walked to Jack In The Box at North Park Avenue and East Speedway Boulevard and asked a driver for money.

The officer cited him for loitering.

A man was cited for drinking beer in public at 12:57 p.m., March 1, reports stated.

A police officer saw the man empty a bottle of beer into a 64 ounce cup and drink from it at a bus stop bench on North Park Avenue, just north of East Speedway Boulevard.

The man told police, “”At least I’m not littering. I threw the bottle away.””

The man also threw the citation he received from the office into the trash can.

A University of Arizona Visitor Center sign was stolen sometime between 5 p.m. Feb. 27, and 11:51 a.m. Feb. 28, reports stated.

The 63 inch by 40 inch sign had a large “”A”” and read “”Visitor Center.””

An employee said the sign was missing from the east side of the Visitor Center, 811 N. Euclid Ave.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu