Welcome to the Dirty T: Glen Martin dishes out LSD-inspired life advice

Thea Van Gorp

Glen Martin, 67, said he is a computer repair man at the University of Arizona.

Glen Martin is a man I happen to see every day in the outside strip of the second floor of the Student Union Memorial Center. Every day he sits down and lays out a large, completely natural meal, all from “Mother Earth.” He is very kind and always offers to share with me. I asked him about his life.

“I write on a blog about my life experience,” Martin said. “It’s called ‘The Mind of Life.’ Within it, I have taken the full balance of what my life experience has been and understood it in relation to the best thing I could be. What my road was, what my path was, to become the best that I could be. And through this path, I understood that the Earth herself was alive, and she had these moments called ‘happenstance’ where she directed you or caused something to happen to you. And all of these events led to knowledge. That’s what the Earth does, it gives you the ability to understand life as an eternity. We are on the quest of eternity.”

After this, Martin explained he has died and come back to life three separate times. I had a hard time following how that all worked out — he mentioned LSD several times — but at the end of his strange tangent, he said something really profound.

“Humanity is the ground work that makes the world have eternity. It’s not about being judgmental — it’s about doing the best we can for people and ourselves.”

His last words of advice: “Truly believe in the Earth, and understand that life is not all about human beings. We are all a family — all the creatures, bugs, birds. We all are family.”

Follow Thea Van Gorp on Twitter.