Datebook

EVENTS/LECTURES

• Interview workshop. How you present yourself in an interview will determine whether you get the job. Learn how to prepare for an interview so that you can answer the tough questions with ease. 2 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Career Services, Suite 411
  • Media Lecture. Maggy Zanger, an associate professor of journalism, will take part in a panel discussion, “”Drawing a Line: Reflecting on Free Expression and Religious Sensitivity after the Danish Cartoons of Mohammad.”” 6 p.m. Park Student Union
  • Doctoral oral defense. “”Defending the Voluntarily Childless Decision: Evaluating Accounts with Stigma in Mind.”” 10 a.m. Social Sciences building, Room 128
  • Performance review workshop. Human Resources is pleased to announce a series of “”Lunch and Learn”” workshops to assist employees with preparing and responding to a performance review. Noon. University Services building, Room 214
  • Entomology seminar. Entomology professor David Maddison will speak on “”Mesquite roots, branches, and ramifications.”” 4 p.m. Marley building, 230

ENTERTAINMENT

• Music. “”Groovin’ on the Grass.”” Noon. UA Mall
  • Battle of the bands. Sponsored by the University Activities Board. 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. UA Mall, Main Stage
  • Multicultural showcase. Free show featuring African dance, Indian Classical Dance, Native American Poetry readings, Vietnamese Dance and much more including performances from the Caribbean, Latin America and a local comedy troupe. Free. 6 p.m. Centennial Hall