Who, What, Wear

Amy Jonson

Amy Johnson/The Daily Wildcat

Erin Huff, retailing and consumer sciences junior

Who is your style icon and why?

I follow way too many style blogs to even pick one, but one of my favorite style icons is Stevie Nicks. I just absolutely love her free spirit and that just kind of goes right along with the way she dresses. I kind of feel that’s definitely more of my style. I’m very inspired by the ‘70s looks and just kind of that like, lace and flowing and really comfy but still trendy.

What fall trend are you gearing up to try this season or ready to finally break out of your closet?

Boots. Definitely boots. I just bought three pairs of boots this last weekend and I am so excited to wear them. I mean, I bought low little booties with little heels, I bought tall, over-the-knee boots and I bought another pair of low, black boots. I love fall and winter clothes. I love bundling up and so I’ve just been stocking up on winter clothes everywhere and I’m just like, “When is this heat going to pass through?”

How would you describe your style?

My style definitely reflects my mood of the day and kind of what I’m feeling. I wouldn’t necessarily put myself in a category of like, bohemian or modern. I definitely pick a lot of elements of kind of every style and put them together, but I think if someone were to just ask me in one word it would be easy-going. My style is very easy-going with classic elements.

Can you tell me a little bit about what you’re wearing?

I am currently wearing a striped T-shirt from Forever 21 and jean shorts from American Eagle and a gold watch from JC Penney and some random gold jewelry that I picked up from thrift shops and a fair. My shoes are Dolce Vita and they’re from Nordstrom Rack.

Savannah Mattfield, anthropology senior

Who is your style icon and why?

Just people I see around, I guess. Like, people I see in different shops and I’ll be like, “Oh, that’s a really cute look,” and I’ll kind of pick up on that. So I guess just peers, people I see around. There’s not really a specific person.

I just want to wear my boots again. I tried to wear them last week but it was way too hot. I just want to wear them, I’m getting tired of sandals.

How would you describe your style?

It’s kind of girly actually. It’s pretty girly — I own a lot of dresses, flowers, bows, stuff like that. But it’s also a little bit edgy too, like, I also like to wear spikes on my jewelry and stuff like that. So I think it’s definitely girly with an edge.

I’m currently wearing a white, lace skirt from Forever 21 and a black and white polka dot shirt with a scoop neck. Pretty regular. And also some silver sandals from Target.