It’s OK to have a sweet tooth with these healthy recipes

Guiltless Banana ‘Ice Cream’
    This recipe takes ice cream, a classic favorite, and makes it entirely new and completely healthy. For this snack, being a banana-lover is a must.

– Two bananas, peeled – One dollop of peanut butter – One tsp. cocoa powder

Begin by cutting an unfrozen banana into quarter-inch slices. Bananas with slight brown spotting are best. Place the pieces in a sealed bag and put them in the freezer until they’re completely frozen. Then empty the banana pieces into a food processor or blender and mix until completely smooth. The texture will be creamy, yet frosty.

To get a thicker texture or add flavor, scoop a little peanut butter or cocoa power into the mix and stir until blended. Sprinkles of oats or granola add a little extra crunch, and a few berries give it a fruitier vibe. Get as creative as you’d like with this smooth, frozen snack.

No Butter, Dried Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
    This recipe substitutes olive oil and coconut oil (healthy fats) for an entire cup of butter. It also cuts down on sugar content and uses ground oatmeal in lieu of an extra cup of flour.

½ cup olive oil
    ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
    ¼ cup white sugar
    ½ cup brown sugar
    2 eggs
    1 cup flour
    1 cup ground oatmeal
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
    A pinch of salt
    1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
    3 cups cooking oats
    Dried cranberries (optional)

Cream the oils and sugars in a bowl, then beat the eggs in one at a time and stir in the vanilla. It’s OK if you don’t have any vanilla; it’s not absolutely necessary. Now, in a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.

Gradually pour the dry mixture into the creamed mixture and stir together. Then mix in the oats. If you want, add some dried cranberries as well.
    Bake at 375 degrees on a greased cookie sheet for eight to 10 minutes.