Police Beat

A man was arrested for disorderly conduct after he was observed following a female northbound on North Park Avenue at East Fourth Street at 2:03 p.m. July 28.

An officer on patrol observed the man following the woman down North Park Avenue. The man attempted to stop the woman by stepping in front of her. The woman continued walking down the street and the man continued to follow her.

The officer pulled up to the woman and asked her if she was being followed. She replied, “”Yes, this drunken guy won’t leave me alone.”” She added that the man was saying weird things to her. The officer asked the woman to stand by while another officer made contact with the man.

The man, 26, was located at Jett’s Wildcat, 501 N. Park Ave., and was positively identified by the woman. The woman said the man had scared her and she wished to press charges.

The man was arrested for disorderly conduct and booked at Pima County Jail.

An officer responded to the area of North Euclid Avenue and East University Boulevard regarding a man urinating on the street and on a tree near Starbucks at 4:40 p.m. July 23.

A Starbucks employee saw the man urinate, then go into the Auld Dubliner Irish Pub, 800 E. University Blvd. An officer made contact with the man and asked to speak to him outside; the man agreed. The officer noticed that the man’s breath and body smelled of intoxicants, his eyes were bloodshot and he swayed back and forth.

The man, 25, said he had been drinking because he had just lost custody of his son in court. The officer asked the man if he remembered urinating on a tree in front of Starbucks. The man used a curse word and replied, “”I don’t know; I don’t remember.””

The employee positively identified the man, and he was arrested for criminal nuisance urinating in public. The man asked the officer if he could call a friend to come pick him up.

While waiting, the man began to cry and bang his head on the concrete floor. The officer asked the man not to bang his head and told him that he would have to handcuff him and call the medics if he did it again. The man agreed, but within a few minutes he began to do it again.

The officer handcuffed the man for his own protection and contacted the medics. Tucson Fire Department arrived and examined the man, finding no injuries or further concerns. The man told TFD that he would not act out again or bang his head, and was released to his friend.

Three minors were arrested for underage drinking violations at 12:37 a.m. July 14, after the car they were traveling in was pulled over for speeding in the area of East Speedway Boulevard and North First Avenue.

Inside the car, officers found several bottles of alcohol along with marijuana and a glass marijuana pipe.

An officer made contact with the driver, 20, who said the alcohol and marijuana belonged to him. The driver said he had been drinking earlier in the day around 2 p.m. and had smoked marijuana around 3 p.m.

The officer then made contact with the rear passenger of the car, 20, who said that he had brought one of the bottles of liquor from home. The passenger said that he had not been drinking and that he had not smoked any marijuana.

The front passenger, who was under 18, told the officer that the alcohol and marijuana did not belong to her. She stated that she had not been drinking and did not smoke any marijuana.

All three minors were given a field sobriety test. Only the front passenger had alcohol in her system.

The driver was cited and released for speeding, underage person in possession of alcohol, spirituous liquor in a motor vehicle, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. The rear passenger was cited and released for being an underage person in possession of alcohol and spirituous liquor in motor vehicle. The front passenger was arrested for being a minor with spirituous liquor in body and was released to her mother.