Who, What, Wear

Amy Johnson
    Amy Johnson / The Daily Wildcat Kathryn Sinor, an astronomy and physics freshmen, looks to style icons like Zooey Deschanel for inspiration.

Katelyn Inman, studio art freshman

Who is your style icon and why?

I feel like I should’ve lived in the early ‘80s personally, if not the late ‘70s. Definitely David Bowie. Big one: Blondie, Joan Jett. Maybe it’s not indicative of what I’m wearing right now, but I’m a fan of early punk, post punk, new wave.

What fall trend are you waiting to try this season or ready to finally break out of your closet?

Well, today it’s pretty hot, but I’m still wearing a hat because, you know, I was like, “I want to wear a knit hat.” So I want to wear a lot more beanies.
    I also have, like, three leather jackets at home that I’m just waiting to break out. I have one jacket from the ‘80s with the puffy sleeves. I can’t wait to finally wear that.

How would you describe your style?

A lot of people would look at me and think, “Oh, just another hipster. Whatever.” But yeah, of course I do buy stuff from Urban Outfitters, but also, I like to mix. I guess, Urban [Outfitters] sort of look, but also want to incorporate sort of mod and punk styles as well.

Can you describe what you’re currently wearing to me?

So, the shorts are some cheap ones that I got at one of those ghetto stores at the Tucson Mall, like the ones that sell things for $9 and they’re made out of, like, paper. So they’re just maroon shorts that are high-waisted. The shirt is from Urban Outfitters, just one of their basic black and white striped shirts. And the boots are one of my absolute favorites I’ve ever had. They’re from Buffalo Exchange and they’re vintage. I don’t know how old they are. Oh, and the glasses are vintage too.

Kathyrn Sinor, astronomy and physics freshman

Who is your style icon and why?

I don’t know if you’ve ever seen “Pushing Daisies,” but there’s a girl in it and she just wears very cute dresses and she’s adorable and she makes me happy. So I guess kind of like Zooey Deschanel, too.

Well, I’m from Washington, so I guess all of my clothes are considered a fall trend. But yeah, I kind of just wear whatever I think is cute.

How would you describe your style?

I just kind of mix and match clothes. I don’t know; I think I kind of have my own style I guess.

Well, I found this top at Ross and I thought, “That’s cute. It kind of reminds me of a sailor. I want to be a sailor.” So I got it and I wasn’t ever planning on wearing it because I’m from Washington so I’m not going to get the chance. And then I came here and I was like, “You know what, I’m rocking this.” So I rocked it.