Quick Hits

Suicide prevention event will have candlelight vigil

The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill will be hosting Suicide Prevention and Awareness Day on the UA Mall from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today.

At the event, students will have the opportunity to write down their personal stories about loved ones lost to suicide. Also, numerous educational materials and suicide signs will attempt to raise the awareness of the UA community.

A candlelight vigil will be held after the event at 7 p.m. and is open to all members of the Tucson community.

Students can learn about open posts at ASUA meeting

UA student government is having a forum today to educate students about appointed positions for next year’s cabinet

The Associated Students of the University of Arizona President-elect Erin Hertzog and Vice President-elect David Reece will lead the meeting, where there will be free food.

It will be in the MLK Student Center, Room 100 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. There will be another meeting tomorrow from noon to 1 p.m. in the Old Main building, Room 104.

For more information, contact ASUA Sen. Alex Dong at donga@email.arizona.edu.

Free movie about Tibetans to be shown at Gallagher

UA Students for a Free Tibet will show the movie “”Windhorse”” for free tomorrow in the Student Union Memorial Center.

Based on true events, the movie by Oscar-winning filmmaker Paul Wagner shows the political and cultural oppression of Tibetan people by the Chinese regime. “”Windhorse”” was first screened in the United States in spring 1998.

The movie will be in the SUMC Gallagher Theater at 7 p.m.

Students can solve cases, win cash prizes in Ethics Bowl

The UA Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) is organizing events to encourage high school and college students to understand how to solve ethical issues.

The team is hosting the Third Annual All-Campus Ethics Bowl from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Park Student Union tomorrow.

Students will form four-person teams and debate short business case studies in a bracketed tournament format. Judges will determine the top three winners, who will receive cash prizes donated by the bowl’s sponsor, Wal-Mart.

For more information, visit the Web site www.uasifeethicsweb.org.