Get your indie on with Foals at The Rialto Theatre

FOALs via Facebook

You should not stay home on Tuesday night. You should not go to bed early nor should you waste the night away on homework. You should embark downtown, make your way to The Rialto Theatre and see the indie rock band, Foals, in concert.

The British band formed in 2005 in Oxford, England. Since then, the band has released four outstanding studio albums, which are some of the best indie and alternative rock to ever grace the airwaves.

Luckily for us desert-dwelling Tucsonans, Foals will perform at the Rialto on Tuesday night. This is a show you won’t want to miss.

Frontman Yannis Philippakis will dazzle, amaze and inspire with his hauntingly beautiful vocals, reinforced by the outstanding instrumentals from the rest of the band. Philippakis has a way of captivating an audience and ensuring the entire room gets completely lost in his music. His beautiful voice and phenomenal beard help him to embody the epitome of chill.

Some of Foals’ most well-known songs include “My Number,” “Mountain at My Gates” and the haunting, yet brilliant and insightful ballad, “Spanish Sahara.”

Foals released its fourth studio album, titled What Went Down, last year, which spawned singles such as “Mountain at My Gates” and the title track, “What Went Down.” This concert will mark the band’s first appearance in Tucson since 2013, after it released its previous album, Holy Fire. Fans should expect a fair amount of playing time devoted to the new album, What Went Down, but the band will make sure to please long-time fans by playing hits from the first three albums as well, such as “Inhaler,” “Olympic Airwaves” and “Total Life Forever.”

American indie band Kiev, an up-and-coming group from California that gained popularity with its single “Be Gone Dull Cage,” will open. Kiev should nicely complement the headlining band, making for a wonderful performance sure to please lovers of indie rock.

Tickets for the concert range from $22-25, a reasonable price for such a high-quality band at such a high-quality venue like The Rialto Theatre.

Foals is now a hefty act to come to Tucson, as the band has gained significant popularity during the past few years. Of course, you still may not have heard of it, but Foals has gained a pretty big name on the indie rock scene, so don’t miss the chance to see the band live.

The event will be standing room only and could sell out, so don’t wait too long to get tickets. You’ll regret it if you do. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show begins at 8 p.m. If you have never attended a concert at the Rialto, now you have a perfect chance to see a great band at one of the coolest spots in town.

Watch Philippakis and the rest of the group astound and amaze every listener in attendance with the captivating musical style and immense musical talent this band has to offer. Foals. Tuesday night. 8 p.m. Rialto. Be there.

Follow Alec Kuehnle on Twitter.