Police Beat

A member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon reported to police that more than $700 worth of entertainment items were stolen from his room at the fraternity’s house, 1420 N. Vine Ave., at 2 p.m. Sunday.

The man said he left his room the night before, but that his door does not lock. When he returned the next day, he noticed that his Playstation 3, two video games, a controller and a DVD were stolen from his room.

The man’s door knob was broken and would not secure to the door frame. He asked other residents of the house if they had seen or borrowed the game unit, with negative results.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A man was arrested for running across the field during the UA-Stanford football game at Arizona Stadium, 540 N. Vine Ave., on Saturday.

Officers were patrolling the north end zone during halftime when they saw security staff chasing a man across the field from the southwest corner to the northwest corner. After an unsuccessful attempt to tackle him, the security staff got the man on his stomach while an officer handcuffed him.

The man was arrested for third-degree criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct. He told the officers he was not injured and apologized for his actions.

As he spoke, the officer could smell alcohol on his breath.

The man admitted to consuming alcohol earlier that day. The man was charged with underage drinking.

He was transported to and booked into Pima County Jail.

A woman was arrested for being a minor in possession of alcohol at University Medical Center, 1501 N. Campbell Ave., just before 6 a.m. Saturday.

Police responded to the seventh floor of Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., on a report of an extremely drunk woman.

As police entered her room, they saw the woman’s roommate helping her hold her head out of the toilet while she attempted to vomit.

An officer requested medical assistance for the woman and began questioning the roommate. The roommate told the officer she had not been drinking with the woman earlier that night.

The woman had vomit stains all over her clothing and was unresponsive to questioning. She could not stand on her own and had bloodshot eyes. She was actively vomiting while officers were on scene.

An ambulance transported her to UMC for treatment. A few hours later, she was cited and released in her hospital room.

Police responded to the Delta Chi fraternity house, 1701 E. First St., at 1:51 a.m. Saturday.

When police arrived, they saw a man involved in a fight at the house. He had bloodstains on his clothing but said that nothing had happened. He then said a conflict had emerged among him and his fraternity brothers.

When asked about his identity, the man initially gave a false last name. He appeared to be in pain but refused medical attention, saying, “”I’ll get tended to when you leave,”” according to reports. The man did not want to press charges.

An officer noticed a moderate odor of alcohol on the man’s breath. His eyes were red and watery, and he had slurred and slow speech. Still, the man continued to deny that he was drunk.

He was arrested for being a minor under the influence of alcohol.

A male student was arrested for disorderly conduct and underage drinking at Arizona Stadium, 540 N. Vine Ave., at 7:10 p.m. Saturday.

Officers were patrolling the student section during the UA-Stanford football game when a fight broke out in aisle 19 involving a heavily inebriated student. He was scrapping with another student nearby and lost his balance due to intoxication.

Officers directed the drunken student out of the section. He tried to struggle and break free from the officers’ grip, and an officer put him into a position so he could be handcuffed. The student injured his elbow during the ensuing struggle.

The student was cited and released to his parents.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.