Date Book

Campus Events

• Lecture. Alain Dubos, president of the Nobel Peace Prize-winning organization Doctors Without Borders, discusses “”Engaging in Humanitarianism.”” Noon. Free. UA Cancer Center, Kiewit Auditorium, Room 2951
  • Lecture. Lecturer Jim Childress, ofthe University of California, Santa Barbara, will discuss “”Not a Redwood Forest: Explorations of Deep-Sea Hydrothermal Vent Ecosystems Around the World.”” In 2000, Childress was named a Distinguished Lecturer by Ridge 2000, an interdisciplinary research program sponsored by the National Science Foundation. 4 p.m. Free. Bio Sciences West building, Room 301
  • Seminar. Kalervo Hiltunen discusses “”Mitochondrial Fatty Acid Synthesis ðð- From Respiratory Deficient Yeast to Cardiomyopathic Mice.”” Hiltunen is a part of the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Oulu in Finland. 4 p.m. Free. Bio Sciences West building, Room 208
  • Entertainment

• Concert. The UA School of Music presents its “”Prism Concert.”” This concert combines performances by the Arizona Choir, the UA Wind Ensemble and the Arizona Symphony Orchestra. 7:30 p.m. Free. UA School of Music, Crowder Hall
  • Film. The movie “”Ghost Rider”” will be playing twice. 7 p.m., 10 p.m. $3. Student Union Memorial Center, Gallagher Theater
  • Exhibit. “”Making A Statement: A community-based project questioning the role of the idea, the object, and the author in contemporary art”” is ongoing. This project is co-hosted by Brookhart Jonquil and Sanya Glisic. All day. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Kachina Gallery
  • Exhibit. The UA School of Art is hosting the 13th annual Wildcat Art Exhibition. This exhibition features work from students from around Tucson. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Union Gallery
  • Halo 2 tournament. UA students can participate in this video game event. 5 p.m. $3. SUMC, Games Room
  • Comedy Corner. The troupe “”Comedy Corner”” presents free improv. Noon. Free. SUMC, Cellar Lounge