The Loft Cinema offers explosive fun

Liberal and conservative Loft goers alike can celebrate this Fourth of July with a focus on weapons and firepower.

“”It’s the Fourth of July. That’s our independence: bloody and violent,”” said Jeff Yanc, program director for The Loft Cinema.

The Loft will host “”America, F**k Yeah! The ‘Team America: World Police’ Sing-a-long and Curse-a-thon”” at 6 p.m. The event features a screening of the unrated director’s cut of “”Team America: World Police”” directed by Trey Parker and Matt Stone the creators of the TV series “”South Park.””

Subtitles will be projected on screen. In addition to the singalong, there will also be other invitations for audience participation.

“”There will be an interactive thing where people come up and perform dialogue or do the puppet dance. Most of it’s kind of filthy,”” Yanc said.

In “”Team America,”” marionettes play Team America, an international police force charged with fighting a dictator who threatens the world with weapons of mass destruction.

Despite the use of puppets, this event is for adults only.

The film uses humor and vulgarity to comment on U.S. foreign policy and public dialogues surrounding the war on terror.

The event will also include a pre-show “”South Park”” singalong, featuring musical numbers from the “”South Park”” television program.

Freedom Dogs, Uncle Samburgers and other food and refreshments will be available for purchase.

At 11 a.m. The Loft will screen a Fourth of July double feature: “”Winchester ’73″” and documentary “”33 Minutes: Protecting America in the New Missile Age.”” Both are presented by conservative radio stations, Liberty Watch Radio and Inside Track.

“”This is the fourth year of a combination of screening. We have something for a conservative audience and then ‘Team America’ is there for the other side of the political spectrum.”” Yanc said.

“”We notice that there are a lot of people who come to both, so hopefully this will bridge the political gap even though these are not political events, per se.””

“”Winchester ’73″” is a classic Western from 1950 starring James Stewart and was shot in Tucson. The movie follows a rifle as it changes hands and affects the lives of those who possess it.

Loft goers can enter a raffle to win a Winchester ’73 rifle. Raffle tickets are $10 each. Proceeds will benefit nonprofit groups selected by Liberty Watch Radio and Inside Track. To purchase raffle tickets in advance, call Dan Dewey at 520-747-5709.

“”33 Minutes”” is a documentary about the threat of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles. It describes what could happen if rogue states and terrorist organizations used nuclear weapons against the United States.