Police Beat

A man was arrested for having a warrant at 9:17 a.m. Thursday after he was seen looking at pornography in a classroom in the Roy P. Drachman Hall, 1295 N. Martin Ave., reports stated.

The employee told police he asked the man to leave the building after he saw the material the man was viewing on the computer.

The man then reportedly left the classroom but stayed in the building and went inside the restroom.

When police arrived they found a man matching the suspect’s description standing outside on the east side of the building, reports stated.

The man explained he was on campus because he worked for a medical transport service in Phoenix and had transported two patients for treatment, reports stated.

The man said he went inside the building to cool off and then entered the classroom with the computer, reports stated.

The man told police he started looking at Web sites and went to several different sites including a lingerie site.

The man said he left the building when the employee asked him to, reports stated.

A records check showed the man had a confirmed warrant from Maricopa County for failure to appear in court, reports stated.

Police placed the man under arrest, and the employee confirmed it was the same man seen looking at pornography, reports stated.

The man was transported to Pima County Jail for the warrant and given a warning for trespassing, reports stated.

Police contacted the medical transport service and told them the man was under arrest, and they would need to make transportation arrangements for the two patients, reports stated.

A 7-by-20 foot rubber mat and approximately 15 white plastic chairs were stolen sometime between Wednesday and Thursday from McClelland Hall, 1130 E. Helen St., reports stated.

The custodial supervisor for the building reported the mat missing from the southwest exterior doors and told police the chairs were missing from the snack bar.

Police also noticed that a gray, steel two-door cabinet appeared to have been pried open, reports stated.

There was no damage to the lock, but the door was severely bent and wouldn’t close, reports stated.

The supervisor said she had last seen the area undamaged at 4 a.m. Wednesday and noticed the theft at 12:45 a.m. Thursday.

Police were told the rubber mat was very heavy and large and would take several people to remove it, reports stated.

Fingerprints were unable to be lifted from either the cabinet or the booth adjacent to it, reports stated.

The supervisor called police at 2 a.m. Thursday to report unsecured doors on the lower level, reports stated.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

Unknown persons stole 15 to 20 small watermelons, honeydew melons and cantaloupes from the Campbell Farms Plant Clinic, 4210 N. Campbell Ave., reports stated.

The employee told police the melons must have been taken sometime between 5 p.m. Wednesday and 7:30 a.m. Thursday.

Police were told the melons were growing in plant boxes and discovered the remains of cantaloupe and watermelon that had been eaten at the scene of the crime, reports stated.

A cardboard box containing garden tools had also been gone into, but the employee told police nothing was missing.

The employee requested police do special checks on the building at night and during the weekends, reports stated.

A lost wallet was turned into the front desk of the Speech and Hearing Sciences building, 1131 E. Second St., at 8:45 a.m. Thursday, reports stated.

The wallet contained credit cards, miscellaneous cards, pictures and receipts, reports stated.

Police were unable to find the owner’s phone number or e-mail address, reports stated.

The wallet was placed into property for safekeeping, reports stated.

A woman was cited and released for driving with a suspended license at 1:06 p.m. Thursday after she was pulled over by police at 1501 N. Campbell Ave., reports stated.

Police stopped the woman for having suspended plates, reports stated.

The woman told police her license was suspended, and a records check showed her license had been revoked from a prior conviction.

The woman was cited and released. Her vehicle was impounded for a mandatory 30-day period, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.