Arizona’s first Pinkberry frozen yogurt shop to open on campus

Kevin Brost
Kevin Brost / Arizona Daily Wildcat Pinkberry, a premium frozen yogurt company hailing from West Hollywood, California, is set to open in the Student Union Memorial Center across from the Wells Fargo in Spring 2012 (or maybe sooner) on October 13, 2011.

Pinkberry, a popular yogurt chain, will open on the UA campus on Tuesday.

Pinkberry first opened in Los Angeles in 2005 and has since expanded to 150 stores worldwide. This is the first Pinkberry to open in Arizona.

The UA is one of the first university locations where Pinkberry has opened. Other university stores are located in Georgia, Ohio and Virginia.

Pinkberry’s frozen yogurt is made with nonfat yogurt and nonfat milk that is rBST hormone free. The UA location will serve six flavors: the signature tart flavor, pomegranate, salted caramel chocolate, mango and blood orange. Toppings that will be offered include fresh fruit, organic gummy bears, all-natural honey almond granola, pomegranate juice and Belgian chocolate shavings.

The restaurant will also offer 25-ounce take home containers, fruit parfaits, smoothies and fresh fruit bowls.

Additionally, Pinkberry will host in-store fundraisers, and 20 percent of proceeds will be donated to certain causes or organizations.

The grand opening event will take place on Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.