Ten Arizona Wildcats leave football program

Ten Arizona football players that saw little to no playing time in 2012 have left the program, less than a week following the conclusion of spring practice.

Arizona Daily Star Wildcats beat writer Daniel Berk first reported the six offensive and three special team players that are no longer on the online roster:

WR Ademola Adeniran
WR R.J. Aguero
QB/WR Alex Cappellini
LS Josh Elias
LS Tim Johnston
K Alex Ragsdale
TE Ben Sullivan
RB Rochon Taylor
RB J.T. Washington

To go along with the ten players, defensive end Dame Ndiaye tweeted that he will stay at the UA through the semester but is planning on leaving during the summer. Ndiaye made the switch to the defensive line from tight end and led the team in tackles during their April 13 spring football game at Jerry Kindall Field/Frank Sancet Stadium. He was expected to compete for playing time in the fall.

Washington, who competed in the high school Under Armour All-American Combine in 2011, was also expected to compete for playing time. Washington was looking to backup All-American Ka’Deem Carey after former Wildcats’ running back Daniel Jenkins left for Washington State over the summer.

It is unknown if all the players will leave Tucson for another school. For many of the ten players Arizona was already their second or third school. The Wildcats were Cappellini’s third team since graduating from Pinnacle High School in Phoenix, Ariz. in 2010.