TV network’s Adult Swim fun house takes over Creative Ventures

Courtesy of Adult Swim

The Adult Swim Fun House, equipped with 15 different wacky rooms, will be filled up in Creative Ventures’ parking lot on Fourth Avenue. The house will be set up from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. on Thursday and Friday.

The original version of this article previously stated that the Adult Swim fun house will be at the District parking lot on Fourth Avenue. The fun house will actually be at the Creative Ventures parking lot on Fourth Avenue. The Daily Wildcat regrets the error.

The television network Adult Swim is descending upon the UA campus on Thursday and Friday with a 40-foot inflatable castle. The event is intended to provide students with both comedy and stress release. Adult Swim has been doing college campus tours for more than seven years, and this year had the idea to incorporate its television series into an interactive experience for students. The castle will be an opportunity for students to take time away from studying and get lost within the inflatable walls.

“The inflatable castle is a really incredible, immersive, fun experience,” said Amantha Walden, Adult Swim’s director of events. “It is like Adult Swim is coming to life in the form of a fun house. Students will be finding themselves inside their television sets with the 15 rooms and three different exits.”

Walden went on to discuss several aspects of the event. “It is a free, fun event and a chance for us to talk to our fans and a great way to have some fun,” Walden said. “It is like a fun house, with moments of being totally grossed out, laughing or being lost.”

Walden said the event is only for those 18 and over, as the television network is for a more mature, adult audience.

The castle has a total of 15 rooms with three different exits, offering a unique experience for each participant. The event is being sponsored by Ice Breakers Mints and KFC, which will each have its own themed room with free samples and goodies. For Ice Breakers Mint, there will be a “Karaoke Cage” where maze-goers can sing their hearts out to preselected songs and afterwards munch on some of the Ice Breakers Mints to cool down their vocal chords. The KFC-sponsored room, Tippy Tunnel, is a kaleidoscope hallway that creates a constantly changing view for the students and also showcases the Colonel’s face. After leaving the room, students can document their experience using the “How Do You KFC” photo booth outside of the castle.

The other 13 rooms located within the castle are representations of the TV shows aired on Adult Swim. Some of the shows featured include “Aqua Teen Hunger Force,” “Childrens Hospital,” “Loiter Squad,” “Metalocalypse,” “Robot Chicken” and “Squidbillies”.

The inflatable castle will be set up in the Creative Ventures parking lot on Fourth Avenue, between Fifth and Sixth Streets. The event is free, but there is ticketing involved to ensure that everyone in line can go through the fun house. The ticketing will begin at 4 p.m., and the attraction itself will be open from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. on both Thursday and Friday.