Classy and trashy campus fashion looks

Trashy

• Tights worn as pants scream trashy. The other day while at Brooklyn Pizza Company on Fourth Avenue, I came across a woman wearing tights with a T-shirt and sweater. I saw so much of her undergarments that I recognized the Victoria’s Secret logo. Not cute.
    • Wearing a lace top with nothing but a bra underneath makes girls seem like they are asking for it. Sorry to be so blunt. If you want men to respect you, put something on underneath it.
    • Makeup that makes you look like the star student in Clowning 101 class is not classy. Do you match your eye shadow to your shirts? Is your lipgloss the same shade of pink as a Starburst? Then it is time to toss the over-the-top glitter and tone it down.
    • Imitating Flavor Flav with your disgustingly large, fake gold chain is not classy. Does your chain hang low? Does it wobble to and fro? If you answered yes, then it is time to downsize.

Classy

• Tights under a skirt or dress can add class to an otherwise short ensemble. In the wintertime, they help girls stay warm while also helping them to stay stylish. In the summer, they can add a touch of color or pattern to an outfit.
    • Wearing a lace top with a burgundy tank top underneath can add color and a soft touch to an outfit. This, worn with jeans and a pair of nude heels, can dress up a casual outfit.
    • Natural-looking makeup that brings out your features adds class to a look. Natural eye shadow, a hint of pink or red on your lips and full lashes add flair without taking away from your natural beauty.
    • Wearing a simple pearl or a beaded necklace to accessorize an outfit shows that you care about your looks and that you like fashion. Simple accessories, with an occasional chunky necklace mixed in, signal that you’re a fashionista.