Police Beat: Oct. 13

No work and all play, makes for a drunken RA

UAPD officers were dispatched to the Posada San Pedro Residence Hall on Oct. 3 at 12:15 a.m. to check on an intoxicated woman, said to be unconscious but breathing.

Upon arrival, officers met with a resident assistant at the front door. The RA led officers to an area of the lobby where the intoxicated woman was located. According to a friend of the intoxicated woman, she was an RA at the same dorm. The two women had been drinking at the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity house at 1525 E. Drachman Street earlier that evening. The women got a cab ride back to the dorm, after which the intoxicated woman began to vomit and then went unconscious.

According to police, the strong odor of intoxicants could be detected coming from the woman, who was unable to remain conscious during questioning.

Tucson Fire Department medical personnel arrived on scene and transported the woman to University Medical Center where she was treated for extreme intoxication. She was cited on charges of minor in possession and released from the hospital. The incident has been referred to the Dean of Students Office.

Drunken damsel detained during stairwell slumber

UAPD officers were dispatched to the Villa del Puente Residence Hall on Oct. 3 at 12:40 a.m. to see about an intoxicated woman.

Upon arrival, officers met with an RA who escorted them to a stairwell on the west side of the building. In the stairwell, police observed an unconscious woman who had her head in the lap of one of her female friends.

According to police, the unconscious woman was identified as a non-student who was visiting for the weekend. The woman’s friend told police they had been drinking at the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity house. TFD arrived on scene and transported the woman to UMC for medical treatment. The woman was cited on charges of minor in possession and released from the hospital.

Fraternity flagpoles deformed

University of Arizona Police Department officers received a report of criminal damage at the Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity house at 906 N. First Avenue. According to a fraternity member, on Oct. 4 at approximately 12:43 a.m., an unknown person or persons damaged the flagpoles in front of the residence by bending them out of shape. Police have no suspects or witnesses at this time.

Hours later at the Tau Kappa Epsilon house …

UAPD officers were dispatched to the Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity house on Oct. 4 at 10:09 a.m. in reference to a report of vandalism.

Upon arrival, officers met with members of the fraternity who told police that they had come outside to discover several Greek letters in their yard. The letters alpha, gamma and rho had been placed in the front lawn of the house. Fraternity members assumed the incident was a prank perpetrated by another fraternity.

Officers went to the Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity house and attempted to make contact with members of the fraternity, but were forced to leave a message with the fraternity after receiving no response. Police have no suspects or witnesses at this time.

From toilet to shower, one drunken man’s journey

UAPD officers responded to the Graham-Greenlee Residence Hall on Oct. 4 at 2:52 a.m. in reference to an extremely intoxicated man.

Upon arrival, officers met with a RA who led them to the second floor. On the upper floor, officers found a large puddle of vomit on the floor. Officers followed the vomit into the men’s bathroom. There, they found another large puddle of vomit on a toilet and the intoxicated man, sitting on a ledge in a shower.

According to police, the man had bloodshot eyes, slowed speech, vomit on his shorts, and the strong odor of intoxicants coming from his mouth as he spoke. The man admitted to drinking alcohol but was unable to tell police, what he had been drinking or where.

TFD personnel arrived to evaluate the man’s medical condition. They cleaned the man up and police cited him on charges of minor in possession. The incident has been referred to the Dean of Students Office.

Delta Tau Delta fraternity house vandalized

UAPD officers met with the president of the Delta Tau Delta fraternity at the UAPD station on Oct. 4 in reference to a report of criminal damage.

According to the president, at approximately 5:35 a.m. on Oct. 4, he had been sleeping in his room at the fraternity house. He was awakened by two fraternity members who told him that as they had been walking outside, they heard a loud crash and then the sound of a vehicle quickly leaving the scene. When the members went to check and see what was happening, they found two light pillars had been shattered, apparently by a rock that was left near the scene. Police have no suspects or witnesses at this time.