Where to wine and dine on V-Day

Rebecca Noble

Kevin Snavley, left, and Ian Martella, right, reenact the beloved “Lady and the Tramp” scene in Geronimo Plaza on Thursday.

Valentine’s Day is upon us, and along with it come holiday deals and promotions. In order to spread the love and get in the spirit of romance that fills the air every Feb. 14, restaurants all over Tucson are breaking out their special menus and couple pricing.

Downtown Tucson is full of bars, eateries, clubs and theaters, and one place that functions as all four in one is the famous Hotel Congress. Within Hotel Congress is the Cup Café, a quaint little restaurant for sweethearts to enjoy a meal. Every year, the cafe creates some unique dishes for couples to dine on for Valentine’s Day, but this year, it has a criminally romantic twist: The dinner theme is Bonnie and Clyde.

The staff at Cup Café has created special dishes for the Bonnie and Clyde Valentine’s Dinner. Complete with an appetizer of cauliflower tacos, an entree choice of either filet mignon with scallops or glazed duck, and an array of strawberry desserts, every bite is brimming with romance. 

“The guests will have an option of coming in and getting some of their favorite dishes, or if they’re in the spirit of things, they can take advantage of the specials that we create just for that evening,” said Herb Calleros, manager of Cup Café.

On the other side of town, Pastiche Modern Eatery restaurant and bar is also serving up a three-course meal for lovebirds looking for dinner out. Located on North Campbell Avenue near Fort Lowell Road, this family-owned American restaurant is offering two appetizers, entrees and desserts for $70. Catering to couples who like to have options, the Valentine’s Day menu offers various choices for each course, featuring everything from voodoo Cajun pasta to bourbon salmon. 

Pastiche is also stretching out the love — instead of only offering its Valentine’s Day special on Saturday, the couple’s menu has been available since Thursday and will continue until Sunday. For those who are unable to get out on Valentine’s Day, Pastiche allows for an early or belated celebration.

For couples looking for dinner and a show, the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tucson — Reid Park is offering just that. This weekend, the husband-and-wife magician team Carnival of Illusion will be performing at the hotel, with one show on Friday and three on Saturday. Magicians Roland Sarlot and Susan Eyed are Tucson natives whose magic show marries a Vaudeville roadshow with the flair of international travel.

“Carnival of Illusion is an intimate show where the magic is up close and personal,” explained Marnie Sharp, the personal assistant to Sarlot and Eyed. After the show, those who attend can visit Cactus Rose, the restaurant located inside the hotel, and receive a discounted couple’s dinner. By presenting a ticket, a couple can receive a three-course meal, complete with two glasses of wine or another nonalcoholic beverage, for just under $40. 

These are only some of the countless dinner specials that Tucson restaurants will be offering this Valentine’s Day. If you and your sweetheart are interested in any of the offers mentioned or are looking for a place to dine out, be sure to reserve a table as soon as possible, as restaurants will be packed with lovebirds. 

If you don’t get a spot at that restaurant that you were looking at, don’t fret — a home-cooked meal made with love or a simple picnic in the park work can just as well for you and your valentine.

_______________

Follow Victoria Pereira on Twitter.