Four ISU students among 10 arrested in drug sweep

A drug sweep led to the arrest of 10 people Wednesday. More arrests are expected.

Task Force 6, a multi-agency police unit, conducted the sweep. Illinois State University spokesman Jay Groves said Wednesday that four of the 10 people arrested were ISU students.

The charges involve cocaine, amphetamines, psychedelic mushrooms and marijuana allegedly delivered in transactions dating back to mid-February.

“”The idea of a drug sweep toward the end of the semester is not something new,”” said Groves, noting a similar police operation took place last year when 14 students and two others were picked up.

McLean County Assistant State’s Attorney Adam Ghrist could not confirm how many of the 10 defendants attend ISU. He said arrests were made at multiple locations and additional warrants would be served.

The defendants, from Normal unless otherwise noted, were held on the following charges:

Dylan Stark, 18, Evergreen Park, unlawful delivery of a controlled substance, jailed in lieu of $500;

Michael Strutz, 23, 100 block South Fell Avenue, six counts of unlawful delivery of a controlled substance, jailed in lieu of $2,000;

Daniel Fuessle, 22, Lake Zurich, unlawful delivery of a controlled substance, jailed in lieu of $100;

Michael Cloyd, 22, 700 block North Fell Avenue, unlawful delivery of a lookalike substance, jailed in lieu of $500;

Chad Ebeling, 21, 300 block East Vernon Avenue, unlawful possession of marijuana with intent to deliver the drug, jailed in lieu of $1,500;

Clayton Cissell, 20, Hollowayville, unlawful delivery of cannabis, jailed in lieu of $1,000;

Jonathan Granfeldt, 21, 600 block South Fell, unlawful delivery of marijuana, jailed in lieu of $200;

John Grenier, 21, 100 block East Willow Street, unlawful delivery of a controlled substance, jailed in lieu of $5,000;

Roland Anthony, 21, Depue, unlawful delivery of marijuana, released on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond;

– Mingaile Orakauskaite, 22, Crete, unlawful delivery of a controlled substance, jailed in lieu of $500.