Skip the lines at Nightfall with these two frights

On Fridays and Saturdays leading up to Halloween, immerse yourself in a scene creepily similar to the movie Signs at Buckelews Corn Maze on Ajo. Also, try to escape the clutches of a mad doctor at Nightmare on Scream Street, open on weekends at Tucson Sports Park.
    On Fridays and Saturdays leading up to Halloween, immerse yourself in a scene creepily similar to the movie “”Signs”” at Buckelew’s Corn Maze on Ajo. Also, try to escape the clutches of a mad doctor at “”Nightmare on Scream Street,”” open on weekends at Tucson Sports Park.

Buckelew’s corn mazes far from corny

Imagine every scary movie character accidentally wandered onto the set of the movie “”Signs.”” That is an accurate depiction of Buckelew Farm’s haunted cornfield.

Rating: 4 1/2 stars!

In “”The Reunion,”” small groups of people are released into the dark depths of a cornfield to come face to face with their most feared movie characters. Aside from the wide-array of hack-‘n-slash movie monsters, Buckelew’s cornfield offers plenty of other random freak-outs throughout.

The lack of continuity in characters and plot does little to dull the terror of this corny extravaganza. Being chased through a corn maze with your heart in your throat gives you a truly unique experience you will find nowhere else.

For the weaker of heart, Buckelew Farms features a much larger, non-haunted cornfield. With five miles of trail cut through the field, this maze offers the creepiness of corn minus the possibility of Chucky and friends jumping out at any moment.

The event has food and beer for sale, including killer Wild West Kettle Korn, as well as a vast pumpkin patch to roam through during the day.

If you are up for the drive (approximately 35 minutes outside Tucson), Buckelew Farm’s haunted cornfield is a must-see.

The Buckelew Farm mazes are open Fridays and Saturdays in October. It’s located on Ajo Way, 22 miles east of Tucson. Admission to the haunted area is $18 and includes admission into the regular maze.

‘Scream Street’ …a real scream!

Sponsored by the North Tucson Fire Fighters, with all proceeds going to the Sunstone Healing Center, “”Nightmare on Scream Street”” is a charity event that offers little charity as far as fear is concerned.

“”Scream Street”” is unrelenting as it sends you through the gruesome and gory asylum of a crazed and bloodthirsty doctor.

Rating: 4 stars!

The claustrophobic hallways and rooms will have you paralyzed with fear. Horrorgoers can expect sensory overload as they wander through the many rooms, each appealing to a different aspect of horror.

While this experience may be a bit too bloody for some, it is a terrifying experience that supports a good cause.

In the upcoming weeks, “”Scream Street”” will featuring the band Outside of Verona and will have face painting for the old and young.

Open every weekend in October, “”Nightmare on Scream Street”” is located at Tucson Sports Park at Ina Road and Interstate 10. Admission is $12 per person, $25 if you want to skip the line.