To-Do List

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 31

U-Melt performs at Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. Recommended for those who enjoy Phish, Tea Leaf Green and Hot Tuna. Call 798-1298 or go to plushtucson.com for more information. 10 p.m. $7. 21+.

The UA’s School of Earth and Environmental Sciences presents “”Sizzle: A Global Warming Comedy”” with director Randy Olson appearing in person at The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd. Admission is $5 for students and Loft members. 7 p.m. Call 322-5638 or visit www.loftcinema.com for more information.

THURSDAY, APRIL 1

The Gaslight Theater, 7010 E. Broadway Blvd., presents “”The Son of the Sheik,”” a family-friendly musical melodrama spoof about a sheik’s battle to save his fair lady. 7 p.m. $15.95 for students. Call 886-9428 for more information.

Oprah Winfrey visits Tucson and goes door to door giving out free cars and free health care. Featuring special guests, Suri Cruise and April Fools.

FRIDAY, APRIL 2

The 28th Annual Tucson Poetry Festival is presented by Ocotillo Literary Endeavors. The festival includes poetry readings, workshops, open mic sessions and a poetry slam all at Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. and Casa Libre, 228 N. Fourth Ave. Admission is $10 for readings, $5 for workshops or $25 for a festival pass. Visit tucsonpoetryfestival.org for more information.

First Friday Shorts at The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd., features short films submitted by daring Tucsonans. Shorts get three minutes before becoming “”gongable.”” Winner grabs a grand prize of $200. $5. 9 p.m. Call 322-5638 or visit www.loftcinema.com for more information.

SATURDAY, APRIL 3

The Tubac Rotary Club presents A Taste of Tubac. The evening includes fine dining and entertainment featuring local restaurants at the Tubac Golf Resort & Spa. 5 p.m – 8 p.m. $35 per ticket. Tickets sold in advance. Call 398-9525 for more information.

The Tucson Symphony Orchestra presents a musical journey, Just for Kids Concert: From Dawn to Dusk in the Sonoran Desert, accompanied by a watercolor slideshow from Virginia Wright-Frierson’s “”A Desert Scrapbook.”” 2175 N. Sixth Ave. 10 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Free. Donations appreciated. Call

882-8585 or visit tucsonsymphony.org for more information.

SUNDAY, APRIL 4

Tucson’s Bike Fest 2010 holds a downtown bike ride at Maynards Market, 400 N. Toole Ave. The entry-level ride will be 10-20 miles with the option to leave early. 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. Free. Visit dot.ci.tucson.az.us/bikefest for more information.

MONDAY, APRIL 5

Tucson’s Annie Hawkins performs at Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. The Tucson Weekly TAMMIE winning singer-songwriter plays folk rock. Visit www.anniehawkins.com to hear more. 9:30 p.m. Free.

TUESDAY, APRIL 6

The Arizona Theatre Company presents “”The Second City Does Arizona, or Close But No Saguaro”” at the Temple of Music and Arts, 330 S. Scott Ave. April 6 at 7:30 p.m. is “”Ten Dollar Tuesday.”” Balcony seats are available for a suggested $10 donation. Tickets are first come, first served and available starting at 11 a.m. on April 6 at the Arizona Theatre Company box office. Call 622-2823 or visit www.arizonatheatre.org for more information. The show runs from

April 3 – 24.

Tucson Homebrew Club meets at Boondocks Lounge, 3306 N. First Ave., to taste beer and share recipes. The club promotes the tradition of brewing beer and intends to improve its members’ knowledge on the brewer’s craft. It is open to “”novices, experts and anyone in between.”” 7 p.m. Free. 21+. Contact Brian Skerven at swerving_skerven@hotmail.com for

more information.