Police Beat

A resident of the Hopi Residence Hall, 1440 E. Fourth St., reported receiving unauthorized e-mails of lewd nature to police Monday afternoon.

The woman told the officer that she received an e-mail from someone with a picture of a penis with the subject “”Big Dick for (the woman’s name),”” according to reports.

She added that she received e-mails from the same account last semester but did not report them because she was able to block her account.

The officer contacted the computer center to try to trace the e-mail back to the sender. Police have no suspects.

A woman and two men had a verbal conflict outside Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., which was broken up by police officers at 4:42 a.m. on Monday.

Police separated the men and the woman and talked to them individually, because the fight was drawing a large crowd from the residents of the dorm.

One of the men told the officer that the other man forced tequila and drugs on the woman, his girlfriend, and had sex with her sometime late Saturday or early Sunday.

The man said that she was under 18 years old and that giving her drugs and alcohol and having sex with her is a crime.

The other man told the officer that all the accusations were untrue, so the officer asked if he could search his room for drugs or alcohol. The man told the officer, “”My parents always told me not to allow cops to search my stuff,”” and “”My mommy and daddy always told me to say no to a search, so I say no.””

The woman told the officer that there was no truth to her taking alcohol or drugs from the man or having sex with him.

She said, “”Give me some credit, he is a geek and I won’t touch him.”” She then laughed and said, “”Come on, look at him. He is such a dork and a loser.””

The woman talked to the other officer and provided multiple false identities to the officer. She was arrested for giving false information and was transported to Pima County Juvenile Detention Facility.

The men were diverted to the Dean of Students office for Code of Conduct violations.

A man was found by police sleeping on the porch of a UA building at 2:21 a.m. on Monday.

The officer was conducting a security check of a parking lot when he heard coughing coming from the back porch of a vacant building at 1232 N. Fremont Ave.

The officer found the man sleeping on a mattress on the porch with his personal belongings placed on shelving units.

The man has had numerous encounters with UAPD and had been warned about trespassing. The man was served an exclusionary order and left the premises.

A woman jumped out of a truck and assaulted another woman while she was waiting on the benches west of the intersection of North Cherry Avenue and East University Boulevard at 10:52 p.m. on Sunday.

When police responded to the scene, the assaulted woman was inside the back seat of a SafeRide car addressing her wounds. She was bleeding from a cut above her right eye and a scratch on her nose.

The woman told the officer that the attack was unprovoked because she did not know who the woman was, but that she was a petite Hispanic woman with brown hair in a ponytail.

She said that there was another woman who got out of the vehicle to watch the attack, and a man who drove.

The driver of the SafeRide car had copied the truck’s license plate number and gave it to the police officer, who put out an Attempt to Locate on the vehicle. The attacked woman told the officer that as the woman approached, she asked, “”Do you wanna scrap?””

The woman attempted to defend herself by blocking her face as the other woman swung wildly. A witness told the officer that he tried to break up the fight, but the suspect attempted to hit him before jumping in the truck and driving away. The assaulted woman was taken to University Medical Center.

At 1:01 a.m., the officer arrived at the intersection of North Church Avenue and West Alameda Street because a Tucson Police Department officer had stopped the attacker’s truck.

The officer talked to one of the women, who said that her cousin, also in the vehicle, was the attacker. She said that prior to the assault her cousin saw the girl on the bench and said that she knew the girl and she hated her, so she attacked.

The first woman was arrested for false reporting to law enforcement and the cousin was arrested for assault, false reporting to law enforcement, failure to provide truthful name and underage drinking.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.