“On the Spot: Michelle Vock, marketing and MIS sophomore”

What are your thoughts on girls wearing heels to class, at school, during the day?

Girls that wear heels to class … I don’t even know what I think but I mean it’s just not okay if you do. There is just no reason to get dressed up for class when it is so hot outside and all you need to do is wear flip-flops. That’s what everyone else at the UA does so …

Exactly. Okay so, what is one thing you are excited to wear for the fall season, if it ever cools down around here?

I was just talking to my friends about this — boots, and scarves, and just all cuddled up, and sweatshirts to class. I can’t wait for that.

Boots with the fur, like those kind of boots?

Um, I can’t lie … Uggs are really comfortable. I don’t know if they are rockable in the winter but they are like, the best.

So it is already the end of September, I was just making my appointment for spring advising — don’t you just feel like time is flying? What is going through your head?

Yeah I feel like we have been in school for actually longer than we have, but it is almost October. I am going to be 20 in like nine days. I don’t know where time went. It is crazy.

What are you going to do to celebrate leaving your teenage years behind?

I mean, what any 20 year old should, right?

I can accept that. Have you had any midterms, been preparing for those?

This is my fifth test, in two weeks. So it’s been the first tests so I feel like midterms are still coming up. It just feels like this year has been a constant like never getting a break. I just keep going, going, going.

Yeah the sophomore year has definitely been continuous, I feel like as a freshman there was hardly any responsibilities.

No, sophomore year is completely different. Classes are different; the atmosphere is a little different. I didn’t think that school would actually be a lot harder. I thought I would be taking like kind of similar classes but it is just so constant and a lot of work.

Did you like coming back as a sophomore with a group of friends awaiting and knowing where to go this year?

Yeah it’s really nice with people that have houses and apartments and if you want a chill night you don’t have to go in someone’s cramped dorm. I loved the dorms and everything, but it was time to move on after a year.

— Caroline Nachazel