“Hamilton” at Centennial Hall rescheduled to 2021

Alexandra Pere

Centennial Hall was built in 1937 and was originally named, the Main Auditorium, before its renovation in 1985. It hosts a wide variety of performing arts including musicals, plays, comedians, ballets and more!

“Hamilton” has been rescheduled to run in Tucson at University of Arizona Centennial Hall in 2021, according to Broadway in Tucson.

The announcement came amidst the rescheduling of other hit musicals to the 2020-21 season like AnaÏs Mitchell’s “Hadestown” and Itamar Moses’s “The Band’s Visit.”

Although “Hamilton” has not been to Tucson, the show has been to Arizona previously in Arizona State University Gammage in 2018.  

Broadway in Tucson’s 2020-21 season of programming was one of the biggest yet according to the Daily Star. Now, that season will have to wait another year in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.

After cancelling performances in the 2019-20 season, UA Presents, the official arts programmer for the UA, issued refunds to its patrons in March and held a virtual concert series in partnership with the Tucson Botanical Gardens

UA Presents said in a statement they were hopeful about its return, whenever that may be.

“Let’s focus on getting through this moment first. But when the time is right, we’ll be ready to bring Southern Arizona back together and in-person again,” UA presents said on their website.

For updates on performances at Centennial Hall, sign up for email updates through the UA Presents’s Mailing list or Broadway in Tucson’s e-lerts.

Follow Ella McCarville on Twitter